US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
Very hard to read too much into anything we've seen so far, obviously. But first impressions are good; good team behind it, big budget (not needed to make good TV of course, but this obviously has a big scope), and on first glance, it looks like they're almost going for a space western vibe, which I like. They mentioned gunslinger a few times, for instance. Fingers crossed.

Caporegime
I initially thought this was gonna be about Bobba Fett (he did supposedly escape the pit trough a canon recognized novel). Looks interesting though.

Caporegime
Very hard to read too much into anything we've seen so far, obviously. But first impressions are good; good team behind it, big budget (not needed to make good TV of course, but this obviously has a big scope), and on first glance, it looks like they're almost going for a space western vibe, which I like. They mentioned gunslinger a few times, for instance. Fingers crossed.
That's probably been the biggest stumbling block for a live action series in the past. It has to look authentic which really means at least some CGI as a minimum, or a lot of they want it to be done properly which costs.

Soldato
That's probably been the biggest stumbling block for a live action series in the past. It has to look authentic which really means at least some CGI as a minimum, or a lot of they want it to be done properly which costs.

Yeah, and huge crews, sets and sound stages etc. Disney are certainly giving them the tools to make a real go of it.

Soldato
I initially thought this was gonna be about Bobba Fett (he did supposedly escape the pit trough a canon recognized novel). Looks interesting though.

When Disney bought star wars they basically said all the extended universe stuff that was canon no longer counts. I've read the story you mean, he does survive the sarlaac.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yes she is, was on the panel posted earlier. :)

**Can a mod please fix the title of this thread? The parentheses spacing triggers me every time I see them! :p

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Ahh well if the first order is anything to go by, everyone left much have come from "special school" to allow such an abomination to come to power. Even May`s Tory goverment is better than the first order.... Its that bad really really really bad.

So I have zero hopes or interest in star wars unless its rebooted from the very very start and that means when YODA didn't have a bad back.

Back
Top Bottom