The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot !!...

Soldato
Beefed up castle a bit after kr00ton and Silent_UK made it through :p although did see kr00ton running around with 4/1000 HP for a little! Now to wait 4 hours for Castle Heart 3 before I can add more rooms :/

Soldato
OP
added all the names of current players I could find into the first post, I will endeavor to keep it up to date as more peeps join in the mighty quest for epic loot !!

Soldato
Mines Omaeka.

Finding the game annoyingly biased against warriors tbh, those Dr. Skulls and Count Snottinghams aren't a threat by any means but having to chase them down while they kite you is annoying as hell, I've narrowly missed quite a few treasure rooms just because some annoying fat frog thing has ran half way back into the castle... They either need to give the warrior some kinda hook attack like those weird frog chest things have or stop ranged enemies running from them, it's so bloody annoying and the ranged classes don't have an issue with this as the Snottinghams and Dr Skulls will just stand still as long as you aren't close to them.

Also, are castles meant to be impossible 90% of the time at level 6 and above? My warrior is level 10 almost and I get trounced by a lot of dungeons that are 3 levels below me. The game seems well out of sync when it comes to hero level vs castle level, I know its beta but so far balancing of all sorts seems completely botched. :(

Soldato
Mines Omaeka.

Finding the game annoyingly biased against warriors tbh, those Dr. Skulls and Count Snottinghams aren't a threat by any means but having to chase them down while they kite you is annoying as hell, I've narrowly missed quite a few treasure rooms just because some annoying fat frog thing has ran half way back into the castle... They either need to give the warrior some kinda hook attack like those weird frog chest things have or stop ranged enemies running from them, it's so bloody annoying and the ranged classes don't have an issue with this as the Snottinghams and Dr Skulls will just stand still as long as you aren't close to them.

Also, are castles meant to be impossible 90% of the time at level 6 and above? My warrior is level 10 almost and I get trounced by a lot of dungeons that are 3 levels below me. The game seems well out of sync when it comes to hero level vs castle level, I know its beta but so far balancing of all sorts seems completely botched. :(

All about the weapon I find. I was struggling, so bought a level 9 legendary crossbow from my blacksmith and was easily coping. Just defeated a 175 crown level 9 castle that killed 42 heroes, got about 930 gold and 930 life force. No way I'd have even come close using my older weapon. Can't comment on Warriors though, although do they not have some sort of charge ability?

Soldato
OP
oooh Teaf, how did you survive for approx 70% of that run on a smidgen of health !!! I can see a lot of the mob placement is a bit useless so I'll have to re-think parts.

Omaeka, the Warrior class does get ranged abilities and a nice pull target.

Think I'll have to horde some gold and grab a nice weapon when I reach level 9 like Flibby suggests. Although Krooton is going to get a small payout from me as that challenge I don't stand a chance haha !

Soldato
Thanks for the challenge by the way Silent_UK :) For some reason, I can't reply when it says "Add a comment" on the challenge page :/ Anyway, new time for you to beat!

oooh Teaf, how did you survive for approx 70% of that run on a smidgen of health !!! I can see a lot of the mob placement is a bit useless so I'll have to re-think parts.
:p

Yeah same here, I had a shuffle around. It's fun watching others do your castle, doing things you didn't expect them to do :) Let us know when you've redid it. I wish the game itself had some sort of notification when a friend updates their castle, so you know you can have another crack.

By the way for everyone, I came across some castle of a guy called "ShuyeNight". He was using some exploit to keep his gate shut. Had a crown rating of something like 200. According to the official forums it's a known bug using some sort of triple pull to get monsters stuck, therefore you're unable to open the gate at the end as there are a couple of monsters stuck miles back through the dungeon. Just in case anyone comes across the same thing.

Foiled the exploit of that guy in the end though, took about 4 attempts - but worth the nearly 2k life force I took of his.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oooh nice..

Incidentally, I cannot seem to add Roophio, friend finder shows no results.. strange..

Seems more and more people using puppeteer spam.. kinda funny really.. read a guide last night where some guy was saying that people that build their dungeons with lots of 'small corners' and 'glue mines' are just exploiting the game and not playing properly..

I think it is more likely that he just wanted an easy ride.. it's good to see you guys developing quickly, I'm still working on my long game, in no rush to level yet, want to develop some more before I take larger steps..

Soldato
I'm in as "Halfmad", feel free to add me folks. Only level 3 but will be back on later so hopefully i'll figure out how the hell I make defence and get creatures, probably a level limit thing :)

Soldato
That's beta for ya ;)

I may of jumped the gun. :p

All about the weapon I find. I was struggling, so bought a level 9 legendary crossbow from my blacksmith and was easily coping. Just defeated a 175 crown level 9 castle that killed 42 heroes, got about 930 gold and 930 life force. No way I'd have even come close using my older weapon. Can't comment on Warriors though, although do they not have some sort of charge ability?

Well, I had no idea the blacksmithed items were so good :eek: I was under the impression that the A-RPG elements of the game were like others, where crafted gear is meh compared to found gear, but the blacksmiths items are massively above even the orange/purple stuff Ive found. Now I know what to invest in :p cheers!

As for abilities im more focusing on AoE as you can only have 3 and I've got the flame armor/flame weapon and flame arc attack. Should probably get something for stuns/high single target damage though, but I love the current setup.

Omaeka, the Warrior class does get ranged abilities and a nice pull target.

At what level? The only ones I can see that are useful for the kiting mobs are charge and punch.

Soldato
OP
makes note to self : NEVER re-plan your castle if un-shielded !!! damn you Teaf, you must have needed a wheelbarrow to remove all that loot !!!!

Soldato
makes note to self : NEVER re-plan your castle if un-shielded !!! damn you Teaf, you must have needed a wheelbarrow to remove all that loot !!!!
lol :D It was a good haul!

I would kill for a beta key for this. Been registered for one for ages but alas :(
You can buy access to it if you wanted too? Just in case you didn't notice you could, it's £8.61 for the starter pack. Although, you might have noticed it and are straped for cash, but just wanted to point it out nevertheless.

Well all setup :) just going to be a total newb now hah
:) feel free to add me if you fancy (Teaf).

Back
Top Bottom