The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot !!...

Soldato
So I couldn't find a thread or info on the forums for this free to play sort of tower defense RPG type of game thingy.

It's currently in closed beta, but you can grab a starter pack for £7 (cheapest I've found )which gives you access to the full game in it's current state and a choice of two classes.

You start off with a basic empty castle which you can level up along with your chosen character. You go off raiding other players Castles, trying to overcome their defenses and break into their treasure room whilst a timer ticks down before locking their vaults.

It's sounds a basic game but there's actually quite a bit of depth in it and could possibly be a good community game. You get reports of everyone who has attempted your castle and can watch a replay to see how they did it.

It's a Ubisoft game so you will need an account, however it doesn't run via their Uplay client..nice.

----

OcUK Players ;-

Saurazgul
kr00t0n
Ceryn
Teaf
Silent_OcUK
Hurdy
Omaeka
Halfmad
Mp4
Sajanus
rotters
iviv
plumpmonkey
SneakyBear
Stev85
Luxotican
Afran / Ghoulic123
Sharpz
TheKnat
Delphi

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I know they gave out CB invites to almost everyone who had registered on the main site and I have no idea when it's going to be open to the public.

I only started late last night, wasn't too sure what I was doing but it's quite addictive specially when you get reports of other players successfully raiding your castle and grabbing your loot !!! :mad: !!!

Soldato
OP
Managed to pimp my castle up a bit now and even players a few levels higher are not able to raid my treasure room before the timer counts down ! :D ! . You only lose a small amount of your currency if they succeed and then your castle gets a shield for a few hours blocking anyone from farming you. People can still raid your castle if your shielded but the only loot they get is dropped from the monsters they kill.

Regarding pay to win, like with most free to play games you can obtain items via their cash shop but your limited via the levels of your character and castle so you simply cannot buy the best stuff.

With the starter pack you get 1500 'blings' and so far I've used about 60 purely to speed up building/upgrading which usually costs between 3-10 a go. There are nice weapons and armour you can buy but the loot I've had drop are practically as good.

Soldato
OP
Yep, letting your life and gold resources build up offline is quite a handy feature especially once you level the collection nodes up. Another thing to note is that even if you don't make it past the mobs in a castle before the timer runs down you still get plenty of loot and resources dropping. The loot that you pick up is also accessible by any of your other characters.

With regards to your own defenses and castle, you really do need to upgrade the traps and monsters and get at least one or two boss/elites that take time to kill, more time sappers than hero killers.

I'll add you later Ceryn when I'm back home, my ingame nick is Saurazgul feel free to add!

Soldato
OP
haha Qotsa, well it would have been rude not to try :p ..

Ceryn is the one to beat me thinks, damn silly small rooms with Dr Skull and Hungerbots pulling you !!!

So, I've just spent all my gold and Life force to upgrade and hopefully it will be enough to actually start beating Heroes !!!

Soldato
OP
added all the names of current players I could find into the first post, I will endeavor to keep it up to date as more peeps join in the mighty quest for epic loot !!

Soldato
OP
oooh Teaf, how did you survive for approx 70% of that run on a smidgen of health !!! I can see a lot of the mob placement is a bit useless so I'll have to re-think parts.

Omaeka, the Warrior class does get ranged abilities and a nice pull target.

Think I'll have to horde some gold and grab a nice weapon when I reach level 9 like Flibby suggests. Although Krooton is going to get a small payout from me as that challenge I don't stand a chance haha !

Soldato
OP
makes note to self : NEVER re-plan your castle if un-shielded !!! damn you Teaf, you must have needed a wheelbarrow to remove all that loot !!!!

Soldato
OP
You should have received a 16 digit serial when you purchased the pack. I grabbed it from GetGames which in the account orders section show the code you need.

Have you created an account on the official game site? iirc you need to input your game key there for when you login to the game client.

Soldato
OP
i have no idea what im doing :) almost level 6 but castle is poor n can't add rooms or anything?

At the bottom of the screen you have a yellow flag and a green flag on the right, yellow is the max number of creature points you can have in the castle and the green indicates the max number of rooms. To upgrade the number of monsters you can have or add rooms you will need to upgrade the castle's heart. One thing to note is that traps don't use up any defense rating points so you can plonk as many of them in the castle as you want.

At the start don't worry too much about being raided as you won't lose that much gold/life resources, just slowly rank up your research lab and portals. Another thing is to rank up and place a few more gold/life mines as they accumulate resources hourly.

The only other tip is not to worry about beating other players castles from the off, even if you don't beat the timer take your time and you will still get life/gold drops from the mobs inside plus some more for finishing the castle. If you grind out a few on level castles a few times you'll gain resources real quick and get some nice loot ! hopefully.

Soldato
OP
Had a fun couple of hours but not 100% sure how the PvP part works once you beat Snottingham. My castle seemed to be on level 2, but my character is level 5 and all the people around me have level 5 castles?

How do you upgrade the level of the castle so others can raid you and how do you increase the number of rooms you can have? Is there a level limit - ie a level 10 can't come and pillage your low level castles, or if they are mates can they attack you no matter what the level?

Once you complete the starter area and beat the lvl 4 boss castle you can then move onto the 5-9 area via the map at the top right of the screen.

Your castle needs to be upgraded to allow more monsters and more rooms. If you go into defend mode and then navigate to your castles heart room click on the blue shard between the gold/life chests it will tell you the requirements for upgrading.

Higher level players will attack you but they won't leave your reserves totally empty as they only get a small percentage of your loot. Once you have been raided successfully your castle will get shielded and no-one can take your stuff until the shield is gone.

Soldato
OP
It's not pay to win, it has been slightly discussed in previous pages.

You can buy weapons/armour but they don't really benefit you as the 'bling' currency is better spent on speeding up research and other things.

You can always wait until it's released then try it out, however it's a fun game and easily worth £7.

Soldato
OP
Attack the following players for easy gold/exp/lifeforce..

Sparkky, Sigmund_drake, Yakuzi, Willstyle, Jimsen, Cozzymonster, Reminiscence

These are all either level 6 or level 10 derp farms, easy to kill, gather up entire castle and lay waste.. its fun.. (just go to add friend, type in their name, click on the link, click attack, no need to add as friend)..

On a side note, I just got accused of cheating, because I have a dragon.. lol..

cheers for those mate, so easy to farm even on a lowbie undergeared level 8 Knight :D:p:D

Soldato
OP
I hate my characters haha !!!! currently sitting around level 11 they both do between 80-100 DPS which even low level snotters are laughing at when I approach them !!

Soldato
OP
Got 19K in the bank if anyone wants to raid me about 4am.. Not fussed about losing some as I had to buy potions to free up space earlier lol

Edit: scratch that after reading about the smithy changes I dropped some cash on a new crossbow!

Damn you !! I was about to come smash your,...erm ... front doors in !!! :eek:

Soldato
OP
There are probably exploits and some kind of hack's but sadly it's something every game has to deal with.

I had one replay of someone looting my castle, they were practically dead before they reached the end room with no health pots and no time left, then the replay ends in error and he somehow managed to loot me.

Soldato
OP
I can't seem to beat castle's that are 2-4 levels lower than my characters today let alone same level. Life potions are a must and seem to be all I'm spending my gold on atm. I agree Derp farming should have some restrictions but it sure helps pay for my pots !!

Back
Top Bottom