The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Great, we finally have an offer, and they are happy to wait until the house we want becomes available!

Won't be til next year though, meh :(

Congrats on the offer! Shame it'll take next year though. I've read some seriously long exchange/completion stories, where it can take upwards of 14 months before completion due to the massive chain. I can't imagine having to wait that long in the process :eek:

Ahhh...still no update on the shared drive! last enquiry holding up exchange!

Hope you hear from them soon! Best to get confirmation or else there could be arguments later on.

Caporegime
Congrats on the offer! Shame it'll take next year though. I've read some seriously long exchange/completion stories, where it can take upwards of 14 months before completion due to the massive chain. I can't imagine having to wait that long in the process :eek:

Thanks, no chain though, just the house type that we want isn't going to be available until the next phase of the new build development starts (the last one of the type want got sold a few weeks ago, so now we wait).

Soldato
They have replied to the majority of enquires. Now just 2 more left and they can then report for exchange!

My fingers are crossed for you to exchange by next week!

I've now officially been in my place a full week - and I still haven't said hello or met the old lady downstairs :eek: :p

Soldato
My fingers are crossed for you to exchange by next week!

I've now officially been in my place a full week - and I still haven't said hello or met the old lady downstairs :eek: :p

Meh I've been in my place 10 months and only spoken to the neighbour on one side a couple of times to collect parcels and on the other side once as a courtesy before I took a sledgehammer to the fireplace, so don't feel bad :p

10 months already :eek: Nearly finished decorating...

Soldato
Meh I've been in my place 10 months and only spoken to the neighbour on one side a couple of times to collect parcels and on the other side once as a courtesy before I took a sledgehammer to the fireplace, so don't feel bad :p

10 months already :eek: Nearly finished decorating...

Haha that does make me feel a little better :p - However, my bins live in her back garden, so I do definitely need to make an effort to meet her or else I could see us meeting awkwardly in a few weeks time while I put something in my bin :p :p

Plus I would hate to think I'm making too much noise up here, but she doesn't feel comfortable to speak to her neighbor who she hasn't even met yet! :p

SMN

SMN

Soldato
For paying the stamp duty and solicitors fees, about 4-5 years ago I had to go into a branch of Barclays to do it - although reading online now, it appears I can send anything up to £50K. How did everyone here do it (if you've bought recently)?

Back
Top Bottom