The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Mortgage interest will go up massivley over the next few years... after the fixed deal is over in 10 years, if you can't overpay in the interim, you should probably put any spare cash that you can't offset against your mortage into a beter investment vehicle, is what i'm saying...its just a maths/personal insurance thing.
sorry but this is half wrong

Interest rates not can go up but they can go down...

Soldato
Strike EA?

Are they some virtual EA and not an actual EA?

Another one i found out who seem quite posh is stow borthers
Strike are an online-only estate agent. They send someone out to value the property but otherwise you're generally on your own, including arranging viewings (via an online portal). They make money by then selling other services like conveyancing and moving.

Man of Honour
And so the negotiation over a completion date begins. We’re about to find out if they are as flexible as they originally stated. Their date is miles off my own and of zero use frankly. I think they’ll be reasonable, but I’ll pull out long before I agree to the date proposed.

Edit: turns out they are also slowing it down by not providing all the solicitors requests. It’s a shame that for the moment there are no alternatives. Good luck to them if anything comes up.

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
Well we got to exchange day and about 3 hours before everyone closed our buyer pulled out, removed her home from sale and stuffed over 2 others in the chain also. This was the day after we went on hol :(

Were back on thurs and have saturday full of viewings again, also had an offer (that we refused) and theres literally nothing else we can do til were back.

New build company have refused an extension to our reservation the joy.

So not only has this buyer cost us fees with solicitors it might've cost us the actual house as well.

Soldato
Well we got to exchange day and about 3 hours before everyone closed our buyer pulled out, removed her home from sale and stuffed over 2 others in the chain also. This was the day after we went on hol :(

Were back on thurs and have saturday full of viewings again, also had an offer (that we refused) and theres literally nothing else we can do til were back.

So not only has this buyer cost us fees with solicitors it might've cost us the actual house as well.
Did they give a reason why?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Nope, but they pulled their house from sale as well. If there was anything come up on any of the checks theyd had carried out id expect them to have told us.

Instead they waited almost a month then pulled out. They pretty much blanked the ea for the last 3 weeks too lol

She seemed really unhappy to be selling her place so i'm guessing there was some big change there

Man of Honour
Nope, but they pulled their house from sale as well. If there was anything come up on any of the checks theyd had carried out id expect them to have told us.

Instead they waited almost a month then pulled out. They pretty much blanked the ea for the last 3 weeks too lol

She seemed really unhappy to be selling her place so i'm guessing there was some big change there

Been there, it’s a messy process. It’s what I don’t understand about the one we’re buying that they are clearly delaying, if I were them I’d get it wrapped up ASAP. We’ve decided against ultimatums, but there’s nothing to say circumstances won’t change in the meantime.

Soldato
Been there, it’s a messy process. It’s what I don’t understand about the one we’re buying that they are clearly delaying, if I were them I’d get it wrapped up ASAP. We’ve decided against ultimatums, but there’s nothing to say circumstances won’t change in the meantime.
Havent you already exchanged?

Man of Honour
Havent you already exchanged?

That was on one we were selling. That all went through, second time lucky. This is on one we’re buying. Amazing that we started the selling process last September and could well be looking at this august/September from sale to new purchase.

If they knew how much my wife changes her mind they’d be exchanging tomorrow :p

Soldato
Well yes! Nevermind the hassle and time of finding a new place /newy buyer, the set in stone financial outlay is already spent, solicitors fees, surveys, mortgage arrangements that might expire, etc.

One bad apple in a chain could easily cost several others several thousand pounds each in tangible costs, nevermind wasted time and stress.

Soldato
I forget the details exactly but I have a friend in Canada and they have more a bidding system a bit like Scotland.

Key thing though is you give the solicitors a cheque for your deposit, to formalise your bid. the larger the cheque the more seriously you'll be taken.
If you then pull out, the cheque gets cashed and given to the party that got stitched up.

Soldato
just a waiting game for us. Contracts came in, our solicitors reviewed them in a couple of days, confirmed everything with us etc sent their enquiries to vendors solicitors and it's stuck again. Useless bunch of sausages.

Caporegime

Agree with others. There should be significant financial penalty for this type of behaviour.

I feel most people agree with this sentiment?

Horrible situation.

Back
Top Bottom