The nervous wait to exchange....

Can't type for toffee
Don
Well the new builders have been back in touch they're not willing to hold the plot :(

I understand that on my mortgage offer i can adjust ltv by about 5%, cant change the address tho can I :(. So probably goodbye to 1.99% as well.

Both ea and our sale solicitor were no sale no fee thankfully so i don't see any additional costs there

All the expense of the stuff on the new place tho grr

Soldato
Isn't Scotland a mess for bids at the moment? And no chains allowed - so you rely on short term rental to move house?

Sounds like most folk are just trapped rather than being better off :D
well there is that. But its similar here with the final offers etc and no clue where the numbers are at.

but with scotland once the offer is accepted, it is legally binding. The things like buyers report etc come from the sellers - they get a report and that is given to potential buyers. Just logical.

Soldato
Chased the management company today to get them to chase their lawyers, to be told they chased them on the 4th May, and "have to allow them time to come back to us", and "there is no time limit for a deed of variation... we have to allow time for the director to review, sign, and so on...".

So we still have an interminable wait for the deed of variation to come back. We're causing huge issues for the in-laws now - what should have been 7 weeks with them is now 7 months.

Associate
Received copies of the searches today (which solicitors have had for just over a week now), but not the review/enquires they said they were doing/raising last week. They've ignored my questions on "where are we at" or what do they think about exchange timings but did respond when I wanted to confirm they had my mortgage offer which apparently they do not!... I received it a month ago now and I know my MA gave the solicitors details to the bank 2 weeks ago after having waited and chased for 2 weeks just for confirmation from them that they were our solicitors). I've questioned it with the MA who said he's going to check it out.

I've also not heard about the enquires I raised about 3 weeks back on the property info or inventory...I don't know if they even sent them on to the sellers solicitor.

I was hoping for exchange late May early June but I get the feeling all these random waits/delays in replying/responding to things is going to be pushing that out...hopefully not by too much as before the end of the school year I need to be able to put in the kids move to the local school which can only be done in term time to take affect from the next term.

Soldato
Received copies of the searches today (which solicitors have had for just over a week now), but not the review/enquires they said they were doing/raising last week. They've ignored my questions on "where are we at" or what do they think about exchange timings but did respond when I wanted to confirm they had my mortgage offer which apparently they do not!... I received it a month ago now and I know my MA gave the solicitors details to the bank 2 weeks ago after having waited and chased for 2 weeks just for confirmation from them that they were our solicitors). I've questioned it with the MA who said he's going to check it out.

I've also not heard about the enquires I raised about 3 weeks back on the property info or inventory...I don't know if they even sent them on to the sellers solicitor.

I was hoping for exchange late May early June but I get the feeling all these random waits/delays in replying/responding to things is going to be pushing that out...hopefully not by too much as before the end of the school year I need to be able to put in the kids move to the local school which can only be done in term time to take affect from the next term.

Is your conveyance solicitor local? pay them a visit and be super nice whilst demanding free coffee until they give you some answers.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil, be a very polite but relentelss annoyance to them. If they don't know who you are just by looking at the caller ID, than you arn't chasing them hard enough.

Associate
Is your conveyance solicitor local? pay them a visit and be super nice whilst demanding free coffee until they give you some answers.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil, be a very polite but relentelss annoyance to them. If they don't know who you are just by looking at the caller ID, than you arn't chasing them hard enough.
Sadly not, we used the one recommended by the EA who are in Southampton. I was pretty much set after todays update on being exactly that customer for them you describe, where it will save them much more time/money in the long run to just speed up instead of needing to answer my calls/emails, and I've kept everything polite so far and plan to keep that way as best I can whilst keeping some pressure on.

Can't type for toffee
Don
1.78% is decent :D good job

Land back later today, off thursday at work friday which isnt helping. Tried to get the day off but apparantly losing the mortgage and house aint seen as an emergency situation (oh how i laughed).

Weve already pulled everything out of the loft and were going thru everything binning what we could. House is a bombsite as is the garden and garage... Viewings from 9-6 Saturday

Fun times ahead haha

Soldato
What happened to the two mega houses in the country?!
Just could not find 2 good houses plus paying stamp duty one on 2 houses made it less attractive, I managed to get a good deal on a place near my parents' house and we found a really nice school there also.

The house is in an amazing location, small private road inside a little forest next to a park, the house itself is not really what I was looking for, it's a little dark, needs a bit of work, not open plan and not the best use of space for the living areas and more bedroom space than I wanted. Its quite big but much of the space is used up by the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Soldato
Just could not find 2 good houses plus paying stamp duty one on 2 houses made it less attractive, I managed to get a good deal on a place near my parents' house and we found a really nice school there also.

The house is in an amazing location, small private road inside a little forest next to a park, the house itself is not really what I was looking for, it's a little dark, needs a bit of work, not open plan and not the best use of space for the living areas and more bedroom space than I wanted. Its quite big but much of the space is used up by the bedrooms and bathrooms.
Understandable. Any pics? What is the location? Sounds like North London?

Soldato
Another few days, another complete lack of updates. I seriously hate this house-buying rigmarole.
yup same here! our solicitors are on point, really quick to respond etc - even emails, 15-20 mins and we get a response.

vendors solicitors are useless and only seem to respond after multiple emails/calls etc. I pinged our solicitor today to ask them to chase them again.. as we're getting nowhere.

Soldato
Its so funny I hear of all these PPL nightmares and my example above, 10 weeks - with a LISA redemption - was all done by PPL. Chain-free on a simple freehold, mind.
As with anything it depends on the individual. Every firm of solicitors has someone useless whether local or online. It just so happens that online conveyancers have significantly more staff and so a greater number of incompetent ones. And yes the % of them may be higher too but there are plenty of good ones at PPL and all the other online companies just as there are plenty of useless local ones. I deal with both in a certain area and know which names to celebrate and which to cringe at.

Man of Honour
Not much closer, but the sellers seem keen still. Saw a property that hasn’t been selling since last September relist yesterday for 50k more, mind blowing. At this point this either goes through or it’ll just be too much cash to part with.

Associate
I hate to break this to you but probate typically takes 6 months minimum, in case anyone contests the will of the deceased.

As in if anyone doesn't contest within 6 months of the initial grant of probate it's generally deemed a done deal, legaly speaking.

If the person selling the house to you does not technically own it, then they can't legally sell it.

When I applied last year it took 8 weeks. House sold two weeks later.

Soldato
Question. Can ea etc provide sellers contact details? We totally forgot to ask last time we viewed the house and they didn’t either. Would help with comms and chasing their solicitors. If not we’ll just drop a note off as they’re 2 minutes from us

Soldato
Question. Can ea etc provide sellers contact details? We totally forgot to ask last time we viewed the house and they didn’t either. Would help with comms and chasing their solicitors. If not we’ll just drop a note off as they’re 2 minutes from us

I exchanged email addresses with the person I'm buying from.
I found it helps with the stress as you can keep each other updated and you can both chase up your respective solicitors to keep things on track.

Back
Top Bottom