The nervous wait to exchange....

• Thread starter Thread starter noj
  • Start date Start date
No exchange today :( sellers onward purchase is apparently missing a signature at some point so now they'll have to try again on Tuesday. Really disappointing, need to give notice on our rental and don't really want to wait much longer when we have a planned completion date of the 30th. Would you risk giving notice anyway when its "this" close to exchanging? Plot twist, our seller is not in the country currently so if it's their signature missing this could get complicated...
erf :( aye sounds like it could get messy :(

With the recent muckups weve had Im not hoping for anythign and only beleiveing this will happen when they have!

how much notice you need to give?

erf :( aye sounds like it could get messy :(

With the recent muckups weve had Im not hoping for anythign and only beleiveing this will happen when they have!

how much notice you need to give?
We think it’s out sellers seller missing something, as our sellers not been asked for anything so may be resolvable on Tuesday.

It’s a months notice we need to give so wanted a 2 week cross over.

Doesn’t sound like you’ve been having much fun either, any luck finding a property?

No exchange today :( sellers onward purchase is apparently missing a signature at some point so now they'll have to try again on Tuesday. Really disappointing, need to give notice on our rental and don't really want to wait much longer when we have a planned completion date of the 30th. Would you risk giving notice anyway when its "this" close to exchanging? Plot twist, our seller is not in the country currently so if it's their signature missing this could get complicated...

I wouldn’t hand in the notice until you’ve exchanged.. so many sales I’ve seen fall through on the day of exchange that its not worth the risk. For us timing worked out great and we had 2.5 weeks overlap

We think it’s out sellers seller missing something, as our sellers not been asked for anything so may be resolvable on Tuesday.

It’s a months notice we need to give so wanted a 2 week cross over.

Doesn’t sound like you’ve been having much fun either, any luck finding a property?
think were on the right path now

we were told put new build had come back onto the marked last week, chucked a loada viewings in on fri, accepted an offer on mon, called them. to reserve on mon... house had been reserved on sun :( lol

so looked at another new build area we liked, earliest feb so would've meant a new mortgage :( losing the 1.9% went and looked at 2 showhomes and whilst both were nice we preferred the cheaper one. called them back up to see what plots they had... one had just fell thru for november.. 1.9% again! says a fair chunk over what would be like 4% now over the 5year fix

so we flew back over and reserved it, whilst we were sat reserving it someone else asked to as well haha! we then got a phone call during the appt to say our buyer fell thru :eek: followed by another 15mins later saying someone else had offered the same amount!

a tad stressful day!

its about the same price as the first one we really liked, a little smaller but in a much better area for the bairns thru to high school.

guess it'll do us 10 year :)

after everything that's gone on tho I'm not getting my hopes up just in case, when ive got the keys innmy hand ill believe its gonna work out lol

after everything that's gone on tho I'm not getting my hopes up just in case, when ive got the keys innmy hand ill believe its gonna work out lol
That's exactly what I did pal... just "disconnected" from the whole thing whilst it was going through as absolutely anything could have happened. Only believed it when the removal men showed up.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Back in January i could just about afford a house, but after multiple offers getting declined/sales not going through/scum bag landlords buying in full CASH (I'm very bitter about a landlord buying a house I really liked a few months ago, was perfect ready to move into and a good price, I was the highest offer until a landlord offered full cash which is a much quicker sale without a mortage and they went with them, didn't evn giive me the option of improving my offer, I kept track of the progress of the sale in the hopes it didn't happen but then it completed and it was instantly up for rent, scumbag taking homes away from people, sorry to any landlord here but I'm not a fan)

I'm still looking for a property and the mortgage rates have almosted priced me out of the market. Now its been over a month and nothing suitable has come onto the market just old houses that I have no interest in or they are in a area that has poor internet, while it gets more and more expensive. Been over a YEAR now of looking for a house.

Last edited:
It's pretty crappy.. I completed a few months back on a purchase.. The seller moved back with thier parents to secure the sale as they are waiting on a new build to be finished..

But thier mortgage in principal expired and now the mortgage company is re. offering them the mortgage at a worse rate.

Back in January i could just about afford a house, but after multiple offers getting declined/sales not going through/scum bag landlords buying in full CASH (I'm very bitter about a landlord buying a house I really liked a few months ago, was perfect ready to move into and a good price, I was the highest offer until a landlord offered full cash which is a much quicker sale without a mortage and they went with them, didn't evn giive me the option of improving my offer, I kept track of the progress of the sale in the hopes it didn't happen but then it completed and it was instantly up for rent, scumbag taking homes away from people, sorry to any landlord here but I'm not a fan)

I'm still looking for a property and the mortgage rates have almosted priced me out of the market. Now its been over a month and nothing suitable has come onto the market just old houses that I have no interest in or they are in a area that has poor internet, while it gets more and more expensive. Been over a YEAR now of looking for a house.
It's really really difficult in this country, one of the better things this govt has done is make it less economically viable to be a small time landlord these days but there's still a lot of them around.

Delay as long as you can, don't want the sale to fall through and you've got to move out because you've given notice.

Sure they can sign remotely and send a copy somehow.
Exactly this, then you'll end up having to sign a 6 month lease and it'll be even more expensive!

It's really really difficult in this country, one of the better things this govt has done is make it less economically viable to be a small time landlord these days but there's still a lot of them around.

Exactly this, then you'll end up having to sign a 6 month lease and it'll be even more expensive!

The last bit almost happened to me.
I had to keep stringing the landlord along as much as I could as they didn't want a rolling tenancy. First time that happened!

Back
Top Bottom