The nervous wait to exchange....

• Thread starter Thread starter noj
  • Start date Start date
That the advantage - first to be built with more attention to detail. Last to be sold - another plus as you have the opportunity to see the whole development and any problems (cracks etc) would be obvious and dealt with by that point. They are also the ones that are never cramped in the middle of the development as they are closer to the main road (closer to bus stops too).
You choose the colour as if you don't like it, you don't buy it!
And again - if you time it right you save a fortune!

I budgeted about £4k for moving into my new home, granted I already had most furniture and had all kitchen appliances, I needed two new beds for my twins boys and to kit my kitchen out with everything for cooking and living.

Blinds/curtain poles.and curtains are not cheap these days. Just had a quote from a local company to put some vertical Venetian blinds supply and fit.

I budgeted about £4k for moving into my new home, granted I already had most furniture and had all kitchen appliances, I needed two new beds for my twins boys and to kit my kitchen out with everything for cooking and living.

Blinds/curtain poles.and curtains are not cheap these days. Just had a quote from a local company to put some vertical Venetian blinds supply and fit.

Hope that's enough!

You can measure up and buy blinds, I used 247 Blinds.

I would only pay someone to come in and add shutters I think as more complex to get right.

You can measure up and buy blinds, I used 247 Blinds.

I would only pay someone to come in and add shutters I think as more complex to get right.
Even shutters are straight forward (subject to it being a standard window). I've used California Shutters and Blinds2Go. Blinds2Go were about 3 weeks quicker than the competition in getting made to measure shutters delivered.

Looking for some advice please:

We're FTB's and have had an offer accepted on a house we really liked. Originally it went under offer before we had a chance, but it has now fallen through. The sellers already have a house lined up and it will be purchased without a mortgage.

The seller has accepted our offer on the basis that we go with the same solicitors firm (different actual solicitor) that they are currently using (also the same as the previous buyers) to ensure a smooth, quick transaction. Of course this is a slight conflict of interest, but I just wanted to get peoples thoughts and opinions on it.

We are in a great position, almost 30% deposit, currently renting so we are also up for a quick, smooth process.

Looking for some advice please:

We're FTB's and have had an offer accepted on a house we really liked. Originally it went under offer before we had a chance, but it has now fallen through. The sellers already have a house lined up and it will be purchased without a mortgage.

The seller has accepted our offer on the basis that we go with the same solicitors firm (different actual solicitor) that they are currently using (also the same as the previous buyers) to ensure a smooth, quick transaction. Of course this is a slight conflict of interest, but I just wanted to get peoples thoughts and opinions on it.

We are in a great position, almost 30% deposit, currently renting so we are also up for a quick, smooth process.

This would probably be a conflict of interest and wouldn't be allowed. Don't think the same solicitor firm can represent both sides of the chain.

I'm sure you can find a decent solicitor instead, just need to work towards a sensible timeframe.

Did they provide a reason the previous one fell through? You can usually offer to buy the searches the previous buyer made off them to speed things up a bit if they had them done.

It appears they can if certain requirements are met

No, all I was told was it was for personal reasons to do with their mortgage. I'm awaiting a quote/terms to be sent by the estate agent now, but my gut is telling me it's not the greatest idea. It's annoying as the house is our 'dream' house

Back
Top Bottom