The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Difficult to find anything here. First time buyers but houses go under offer literally an hour after viewing...

last one we looked at on Saturday had an offer in 53 minutes after the first viewing, over asking too. Asking was already high if we look at the market in the last 6 months etc.

Insane. I feel like not bothering for a while in the hope that it all calms down a little, I have little interest in over-paying for a property.

Last edited:
Soldato
Difficult to find anything here. First time buyers but houses go under offer literally an hour after viewing...

last one we looked at on Saturday had an offer in 53 minutes after the first viewing, over asking too. Asking was already high if we look at the market in the last 6 months etc.

Insane. I feel like not bothering for a while in the hope that it all comes down a little, I have little interest in over-paying for a property.
I totally relate, FTB here and being in/from London... We've had to accept we need to leave if we want a sensible size home for our needs. I just don't want to wait any longer as I'm fed up with house sharing. I called at 10am last Monday about a property that came up on Sunday, and they had 7 offers already.

That said - Called about a new listing Friday, went for a viewing Saturday, made an offer yesterday, and just gave them our final best offer. It sounds like there are about 3 interested parties but the agent didn't bother doing lots of views. Fingers crossed, nervous already.

Soldato
I totally relate, FTB here and being in/from London... We've had to accept we need to leave if we want a sensible size home for our needs. I just don't want to wait any longer as I'm fed up with house sharing. I called at 10am last Monday about a property that came up on Sunday, and they had 7 offers already.

That said - Called about a new listing Friday, went for a viewing Saturday, made an offer yesterday, and just gave them our final best offer. It sounds like there are about 3 interested parties but the agent didn't bother doing lots of views. Fingers crossed, nervous already.

that's what a friend of mine did.. after wasting a lot of time and money he just dumped it all and moved to Scotland. West Sussex market is crazy, since pandemic we had people move here for obvious reasons and it's just gone crazy. Houses that were 350K in 2020 are now 450K.

Soldato
Got an electrical survey back, flagged up issues, but guessing they're mostly just changing standards things. Luckily got an electrician mate willing to take a look at the report.

Not sure what else is still left to go to be honest, both parties want it to be completed asap. Then we get the builders in.

Caporegime
Got an electrical survey back, flagged up issues, but guessing they're mostly just changing standards things. Luckily got an electrician mate willing to take a look at the report.

Not sure what else is still left to go to be honest, both parties want it to be completed asap. Then we get the builders in.

If the house is older than regs it will flag. Learnt its not something to worry about unless it has a specific "there are no wires" or something

Soldato
HAH, if you think waiting for the offer was tense, you have a rough 3 months ahead of you :D

Good luck!
nice! now the actual hard work begins.. !
Thanks! Already exhausted from filling forms and gathering details :D
Hopefully everything will be fine. Don't fall in love yet. In this market can always be gazumped. Happened to my sister. :(
Yep, very much planning to stay grounded. I have been reminding the two of us that we'll likely get our heart broken once before this is all over.

Soldato
Moved house last week. Far too much crap in our house we're moved stuff we don't need or want. There will need to be a big purge during unpacking.

On general note happy it's all gone through, it nearly killed us with packing and cleaning and unloading and lack of sleep through stress. Hopefully we can calm down into Christmas now.

Soldato
On general note happy it's all gone through, it nearly killed us with packing and cleaning and unloading and lack of sleep through stress. Hopefully we can calm down into Christmas now.
Congratulations. I bumped into a friend at 9pm on our moving day. We were at the chippy (new local just round the corner, yay!) and he just looked at us and said "You looked absolutely ****ed" lol :D

Soldato
I moved this time last year. Can't be an Xmas move just to add more stress and panic. Didn't get out keys until 4:30pm. What a day that was. Funny looking back on it now moving stuff at midnight with a 1 year old also.
Good luck to people with their moves.

Soldato
Finally signed on the dotted line, completion set for the sale of mine and the purchase of my next home. It’s going to be a be stressful week to get everything packed and ticked off before the big day.

Back
Top Bottom