The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
Rare to find a 3 bed with decent rooms it seems. Some of the new builds around here have 4 or 5 beds with one that is decent size and the rest small box rooms.

We looked around one today we liked, so will ring up int he morning. The people selling are moving to a new build so need to find out how long that will be as it could make the chain simple or hard work
Yeah it's not a good trend that rooms are so small.
We have found 3 bed place that we like and will go and see it this weekend. It's got 3 doubly bedrooms which is very rare in houses for this area. Also got nice internal garage 6mx3m which is ideal for converting into office/games room. Also has conservatory which we could turn into an extension.

Like you it will all be the chain and it's our second time buying a home so we never experienced stress of a chain process.

Soldato
Finally exchanged on our house sale yesterday, we move / got keys for our forward move out of chain in Jan . Have had a huge amount tied up since so fairly nervy times. Came good buyer wanted a last viewing before exchange, i did it with nothing to hide he learned some new things and boom.. Complete next week. We move out tomorrow fully

Soldato
Just had a reputable estate agent round to value ours. Happy with the valuation. Their fees are 1% plus VAT paid upon completion of sale. This includes , photos, video tour, EPC and hosting the viewings. This sounds reasonable to me. Is it?

Soldato
Just had a reputable estate agent round to value ours. Happy with the valuation. Their fees are 1% plus VAT paid upon completion of sale. This includes , photos, video tour, EPC and hosting the viewings. This sounds reasonable to me. Is it?
Ask another one to beat it. It's a lot cash on a high value house for not a lot of work.

Associate
We had 1% from estate agent and 0.8% from another - so we went with the 0.8% options.

We also found that whilst both said they'd host the viewings, neither were great at actually arranging them. Typically buyers would ask for a viewing and the estate agents would say the earliest they could do is 2 weeks etc. - so we just started hosting viewings ourselves as it meant we could get people round to view within a day vs. waiting weeks.

It worked nicely hosting the viewings ourselves too, we could answer pretty much every question on the spot and it also gives you an idea of the ropey buyers.

Man of Honour
I always find estate agents money for old rope. On a £300k house that's £3k for them to take some photos, create an advert on Rightmove, take calls/emails and, arrange viewings etc. Fixed fee might be cheaper, but the argument is that there's less incentive for them to sell the house for more money.

Find stats for your local area IMO, and read into a lot of reviews, or even ring them yourself pretending to be someone interested in a house they have for sale and see if you get someone answering who knows the details or if it's just a receptionist who will at some point pass your details on. Having a poor estate agent will make your life hell when trying to sell.

Associate
And always get at least 2 estate agent quotes to check their valuations, they often give you a big number just to get your business then, when no-one is interested in your overpriced house, they tell you the real price it'll sell for.

Soldato
Let-to-Buy Mortgage

Can anyone share their experience here?

Considering this as a last-resort option to move us in to a proceedable state for a property we've secured whilst mine sells. We have a vendor wanting a complete chain very quickly and have a great deal + dealing direct.

I'm certain Private Residents Relief would apply if/when we did eventually sell, so CGT liability would be very low, it's been my only property and main residence for 12 years.

Could I keep my property on the market? I feel its unlikely and appreciate this would be expensive with no letting income.

Associate
Had the asbestos survey done yesterday.

1% white asbestos in ceiling artex
2% white asbestos in floor tiles in 2 rooms (both covered by carpets)
10% white asbestos in garage roof and under eves.

The guy said nothing needs to be removed and the report will say it just needs maintainance.

Will have to see what the buyer now does.

Associate

The guy said nothing needs to be removed and the report will say it just needs maintainance.

They'll probably say that justifies a 13% reduction in the asking price.

Man of Honour

i hope you didn't pay for that survey and it was the prospective buyer that did lol
that's completely normal amounts of asbestos to have
don't touch it = no problems

Associate
i hope you didn't pay for that survey and it was the prospective buyer that did lol
that's completely normal amounts of asbestos to have
don't touch it = no problems
5i1erh5.gif

Back
Top Bottom