The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
That's very nice.
Can you not stretch and pay what's needed? or you reliant on the lender?
The rest of the house is really lovely too. We can afford to, our offer was more than the valuation but we are not willing to overpay by £30k and the vendor isn't willing to drop to the valuation either. So we're at a stalemate with money spent on both sides.

A few more photos, including the £10k Playroom/Office and Orchard views from the front:

Last edited:
Soldato
In all fairness though, a shell of a new build won't have much going for it. They've covered a good "£20K" in regular human costs by getting wardrobes fitted. It definitely looks like a turn key "forever" home. I am £40k in to my 1930s refurb and still don't have any of those things :D

Soldato
In all fairness though, a shell of a new build won't have much going for it. They've covered a good "£20K" in regular human costs by getting wardrobes fitted. It definitely looks like a turn key "forever" home. I am £40k in to my 1930s refurb and still don't have any of those things :D
But I bet your child doesn't have a star for a head either. Swings and roundabouts.

Soldato
The rest of the house is really lovely too. We can afford to, our offer was more than the valuation but we are not willing to overpay by £30k and the vendor isn't willing to drop to the valuation either. So we're at a stalemate with money spent on both sides.

A few more photos, including the £10k Playroom/Office and Orchard views from the front:

Dayum man. I'd be willing to do the 30 if they left a few more goodies. That is a seriously lovely family home.

Associate
Thanks, it’s why we really liked it too. Happy to budge a bit but not by £30k. It is a good size, good location and still under warranty. Any tips on approach?

Man of Honour
1) do you think the downvaluation is a fair reflection of the property sales in the area - if no, challenge the downvaluation
2) are you 100% prepared to walk away from the property if unable to reach a compromise - if no, well the seller has you bent over the barrel without lube :p

Soldato
Thanks, it’s why we really liked it too. Happy to budge a bit but not by £30k. It is a good size, good location and still under warranty. Any tips on approach?
Pay the 30k lol. There is about 15k of landscaping alone based on todays rates. Are you saying you've got them biting at 875?

Associate
1) do you think the downvaluation is a fair reflection of the property sales in the area - if no, challenge the downvaluation
2) are you 100% prepared to walk away from the property if unable to reach a compromise - if no, well the seller has you bent over the barrel without lube :p
We agree with the valuation, their selling agent says it's not worth the challenge too. The house is 1 year old, prices have increased by 1-2% since they purchased it which is inline with the valuation regardless of the work they've done, which has done nothing to increase the value.

We are 100% prepared to walk away. The house had a few compromises too, which we are happy to live with but we don't want to over pay.

Associate
this is the other house that's on the market for £875k same location

with this in mind, im not surprised it was downvalued.
They just saw ££££ signs after seeing this listed (and Sold STC), they paid £710k for that a year ago. It's quite a bit smaller, too.

Man of Honour
@Chris344 if you're willing to walk away then signal that to the agent
it's been on the market for over 2.5 months now and also how many were interested before your offer was accepted? - i think these would be factors if the vendor would be willing to budge
if yours was the only reasonable offer in the last couple of months then your threats have more weight
say you're willing to negotiate to bridge the 30k gap but would want some movement from the vendors as well
also depends whether there is a chain involved...the longer the chain the less likely that all involved will want to budge their agreed price

They just saw ££££ signs after seeing this listed (and Sold STC), they paid £710k for that a year ago. It's quite a bit smaller, too.
ah :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom