The new animated image thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yes, even in a spoiler.

I'm not questioning it (OK, I guess I am) but why? It's not like it has to be loaded again (it will be cached in at least 99% of cases) and it's hidden unless someone wants to reference it (which was the point of the quote)... and I assume if it's 'spoiled' it won't be loaded again unless 'unspoiled'?

Genuinely curious as to the reason, so sorry if you feel I'm being a bit anarchist, as that's not what was intended.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
nextgen.gif

Soldato
Regarding quoting of images, animated or otherwise.

Some gifs can be huge. Quoting them will be just duplicating them and taking up space for no reason. There's no need to quote an embedded image, just delete out the / from the img tag, that way the URL is still there so people are aware of what you're referencing/quoting.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Quoting them will be just duplicating them and I taking up space for no reason.

Is that true though? Surely two instances of the same GIF are handled cleverly by the server, i.e. you could quote it a million times on one page and it would still be x1 bandwidth as far as OcUK is concerned?

I stand to be corrected as I'm ignorant of these things.

Ps - mrk owning on Team Fortress is up there with IronWarrior in the top ten of things I don't want to see in this thread.

Soldato
Regarding quoting of images, animated or otherwise.

Some gifs can be huge. Quoting them will be just duplicating them and taking up space for no reason. There's no need to quote an embedded image, just delete out the / from the img tag, that way the URL is still there so people are aware of what you're referencing/quoting.

That is not how it works. Your browser loads it once and renders it as many times as it is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom