The New Desks & Room Gallery

Didnt Tom once post on here a desk loaded with cash and it caused quite a bit of a stirr.

I think coming on saying you [or sorry your parents] spent 2k on THAT desk again and showing all the stuff on it which lets face it may belong to others in the house or friends is a little too much product placement.
Dont get me wrong we all like seeing stuff but theirs a difference in showing a genuine setup to one thats just made up for a photo to shamelessly post on here.

Ive got an idea:
Why dont i go out and borrow from firends:
1x Nikon DX2 camera + lense etc @ £6000 +
1x Ferrari 4000 Laptop
1x 12" Powerbook
4x impressive / new mobiles their PSPs & DS's
1x new ipod nano i bought the wife with bose speaker dock and combine it all with their ipods and other gadgets...

That would be kinda overkill wouldnt it and really i think showing faked rooms/desks is a little sad on behalf of any individual that goes to the bother just to impress, some on here. Fine if your room is the way you show it but I think the point in this thread is to be proud of what youve got, we all like sharing and seeing each others stuff but its obvious that sometimes people are just taking it a little far.

Any flak you get you deserve it...

Last edited:
Mr Latte said:
Didnt Tom once post on here a desk loaded with cash and it caused quite a bit of a stirr.

I think coming on saying you [or sorry your parents] spent 2k on THAT desk again and showing all the stuff on it which lets face it may belong to others in the house or friends is a little too much product placement.
Dont get me wrong we all like seeing stuff but theirs a difference in showing a genuine setup to one thats just made up for a photo to shamelessly post on here.

Ive got an idea:
Why dont i go out and borrow from firends:
1x Nikon DX2 camera + lense etc @ £6000 +
1x Ferrari 4000 Laptop
1x 12" Powerbook
4x impressive / new mobiles their PSPs & DS's
1x new ipod nano i bought the wife with bose speaker dock and combine it all with their ipods and other gadgets...

That would be kinda overkill wouldnt it and really i think showing faked rooms/desks is a little sad on behalf of any individual that goes to the bother just to impress, some on here. Fine if your room is the way you show it but I think the point in this thread is to be proud of what youve got, we all like sharing and seeing each others stuff but its obvious that sometimes people are just taking it a little far.

Any flak you get you deserve it...

the thread ment to be about ya desk and room not your fancy expensive toys and lik ya say can borrow from any 1

kinggost said:
the thread ment to be about ya desk and room not your fancy expensive toys and lik ya say can borrow from any 1

EXACTLY my point, who uses 4x mobiles and 2x ipods etc
btw the wood i used for my room which i done with help from a friend cost less than £400 really some companies will charge what they get away with and youve proved this again with such a perfect example gurdas.
At 2k that is cheap as i seen a lamp table in Harrods for almost 4k.

Lets move on....

Last edited:
yes.. lets move on to...

RESPECT!

first build.. dual core 7800gtx sli???

go on son, moving to my 6th or 7th build finally taking the plunge with sli.. thats a lovely setup.. now skip water and go to phase.. go to the top of the class! ;)

blackster said:
ok finally built my pc

First build and I'm very happy

Lian Li PC-60B Plus (Black)
Asus A8N-SLi Premium
AMD - 4400 +
2 Ghz Corsair DDR Ram
2 x BFG's 7800 OC GTX's
1 x 74 Gb Raptor
3 x 250 Gb Samsung Spinpoints
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Enermax 600W PSU

Coupled with my nice new Dell 2001FP and Videologic Sirocco's :-)

computer.jpg

Larger Image here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/imagehosting/computer2.jpg

Well you can see why people thought different including myself i think its how you went about.

2k desk = excessive 2x ipod = excessive 4x mobiles = plain daft
What terror network do you belong too?

tbh i like the tv best though, its got a good picture and looks very sleek matches in well with the rest of the hi-tech ;)

No offense me just having fun....

Last edited:
Mr Latte said:
Well you can see why people thought different including myself i think its how you went about.

2k desk = excessive 2x ipod = excessive 4x mobiles = plain daft
What terror network do you belong too?

tbh i like the tv best though, its got a good picture and looks very sleek matches in well with the rest of the hi-tech ;)

No offense me just having fun....

I don't care how I went about it, the photo was taken in particular reference to a conversation with myself and other members in the irc channel. Aye I like my tv, but its not as nice as yours, how much debt are you in again?;)

OMG, it's his money and if we wants it like then he would have it like that. Personally, you may think that spending 2k on a desk is over kill. However, thats not what this thread is about so shut up and post some pictures and stop flaming the guy.

gurdas said:
how much debt are you in again?;)

Nice try but ive very little actually and my credit rating is in the top band if i too wanted to buy a 2k desk that looked like a dresser ;)
See my hardware youll find theirs nothing over exotic

Maybe santa will get u a new tv if your good or maybe another one saying you like to double up on things eh...

Dont take it too serious iirc my very first posts on these forums you attacked my first 3way display perhaps this makes it evens....

Had enough fun yet?

Last edited:
Neon said:
Better Piccys.

also with my new shiny icemat, :D

Nice setup, Word of warning though, I know the model in your signature and im not sure that she would appreciate the use of it :P Just a heads up as she and indeed the photographer who shot this are currently in a legal battle in germany against a site which used the pics without permission. Hate to be a square but as a photographer myself i know that people are really taking IPR seriously nowadays.

not mentioning names, however if you want to know who the model and photographer are along with their contact details for asking permission i can PM them to you

Jodsclass

jodsclass said:
Nice setup, Word of warning though, I know the model in your signature and im not sure that she would appreciate the use of it :P Just a heads up as she and indeed the photographer who shot this are currently in a legal battle in germany against a site which used the pics without permission. Hate to be a square but as a photographer myself i know that people are really taking IPR seriously nowadays.

not mentioning names, however if you want to know who the model and photographer are along with their contact details for asking permission i can PM them to you

Jodsclass

Too funny. :p :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom