The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
35 or 50

I find 24 is very wide for day to day shots.

Get yourself the m5 and the 22mm f2 Ef-m it is a ridiculously good bit of kit for the money tack sharp wide open and gives you that 35mm equivalent you want it finding myself reaching for my oricional eos-m and this lens do often that i'm considering cashing in my full frame gear for an m3. If canon would just put the 80d sensor in the original m body they would already have my money!

Caporegime
5DM3 here with 24-70mk2. Sadly they forgot the 82mm filter but not the end of the world. Won't post pictures as it's all been seen before 3 years ago :D

That's my last spend hopefully now for another 3 years. I have all the lenses I need.

Soldato
its not massive or weigh a ton?

You cant beat physics. If you want low light high quality glass, go to the gym :D:D

Indeed the 35 is fairly light and compact.

If you want bonkers big have a look at the new Sigma 85!

Sigmas 35mm art lend could hardly be described as compact and light I know it's not a 500mm f4 but it hardly suits a small light body like the sony a7.

Plus there's a tiny 35mm 2.8 Sony u can get too!

Which is my point exactly get a slightly slower compact lens for a compact body otherwise you might as well be carrying the big full frame slr! Just checked the price on this crikey Sony don't do cheap glass do they!

Last edited:
Caporegime
The price and choice of Sony glass is the major reason I am not jumping ship to their side.

That and they hardly ever seem to release much new glass either.

Soldato
The price and choice of Sony glass is the major reason I am not jumping ship to their side.

That and they hardly ever seem to release much new glass either.

the price of canon glass aint cheap either(The L lenses) just look at the new 16-35 f2.8 mk3. a joke of a price!

Sony have released loads of lenses this year alone. You are pretty much covered from 16 to 200 now.

Sigmas 35mm art lend could hardly be described as compact and light I know it's not a 500mm f4 but it hardly suits a small light body like the sony a7.

Which is my point exactly get a slightly slower compact lens for a compact body otherwise you might as well be carrying the big full frame slr! Just checked the price on this crikey Sony don't do cheap glass do they!

Dunno about you but to me the 35mm is compact. i can fit that in a man-bag.

Its not that heavy or bulky either for me.

Soldato
the price of canon glass aint cheap either(The L lenses) just look at the new 16-35 f2.8 mk3. a joke of a price!

Sony have released loads of lenses this year alone. You are pretty much covered from 16 to 200 now..

The problem for me is the cheaper sony alternatives are not cheap, yes canon has some mighty expensive glass on offer but it also has cheaper offerings that are very very good where sony don't appear to.

Its not that heavy or bulky either for me..

One man's heffer is another mans super model and all that but you're in a minority if you think the 35mm art is compact!

Caporegime

Sony have released loads of lenses this year alone. You are pretty much covered from 16 to 200 now.

Its not that heavy or bulky either for me.

Problem is I am coming from MFT and the f1.7 35mm equiv on there is tiny and weighs 87g.

Will double check Sony again but when i was looking last night, there are very few specific lense for that specific camera body, they are just using lens for other sensor sizes or relying on adaptors and using other manufacturers.

I would be struggling to replace my existing lenses like for like plus they would be much much more expensive, larger and heavier.

Back
Top Bottom