The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato

D800, 70-200 f2.8 VRII, 50mm f1.4 by James Bull, on Flickr

I've been using a D7000 for a few years now, but now I'm getting more involved in photography I decided to move to full frame. I already had the 70-200, so stuck with Nikon, and picked up the as new D800 and 50mm for a great price.

As it stands, I have nothing to cover the wide end. I shot at 17mm a lot on my D7000, so I'll need to find something to cover that, although I'm unsure if I will go zoom or prime yet.

Soldato
24-70 II has arrived :D

24-70II.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Get yourself a second hand Fuji XE2 and 35mm f1.4, you won't lose a lot at all selling it on if you don't like it :)

Not that I'm around much at all in here anymore, but a meet would allow people to have a look at all these systems people are using nowadays.

Associate
Get yourself a second hand Fuji XE2 and 35mm f1.4, you won't lose a lot at all selling it on if you don't like it :)

Not that I'm around much at all in here anymore, but a meet would allow people to have a look at all these systems people are using nowadays.

That is a cracking idea, as a lot of people won't have local shops they can go and see these things or they may not even keep such items in stock.

Soldato
There is always a gathering on the Facebook page in London,have met some awesome togs,Tareq,Daniel,David ect (you will know them if your in the group) London photo walk.

Soldato
I'm not on facebook anymore but if you are then try london photo walk group,there is a few thousand people in there and always people wanting to meet up.

Have been on a few all night walks with about 15 to 20 people,starts about 7pm and finishes (for me at 8 8am).

Have seen all the top cameras on these walks from point and shoots to the top of the range dslr's.

Great opportunity to meet fellow togs and different cameras.

Back
Top Bottom