The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
Nice new toy fella, too expensive for an m4/3 camera though imo, hope you enjoy though dude. Get some some pics up taken with it!

Yeah i sold me drone and part ex my em5 mark II and a lens to fund this.

It was about £300 more than i expected or wanted it to be but had a play last night and OMG its so fast!

Feels great in the hand, controls where you want them to be, everything works instantly and the focusing is so quick and the 60 fps continuous silent shooting is just insane!!! All you ca hear as a light hum from the camera and watching the number of available shots disappearing on the memory display.

The focus tracking is spot on and I was focusing in a the lounge last night with just a table lamp for illumination and it didn't falter once.

In fact just playing around last night I half filled a 64Gb memory card.:eek:

I was in two minds whether it was worth it but figure I will keep this for many years and I already have half a dozen lenses for it.

Shame I am at work all day today to will have to wait until tomorrow for proper playing :(

Soldato
I am planning to get Focal myself, would be interested to know how you get on with it:cool:

Also interested in your focal views Derek. I have been meaning to buy for ages. I used the dot tune microadjust method and that works very well. I'd just like something a bit quicker and automated.

I've almost caught up with myself now. I should hopefully have time at some point this week to get things adjusted. I'll do some before and after photos for sharpness. I'll be using my 24 - 70 f2.8 and 70 - 200 f2.8

Soldato
I've almost caught up with myself now. I should hopefully have time at some point this week to get things adjusted. I'll do some before and after photos for sharpness. I'll be using my 24 - 70 f2.8 and 70 - 200 f2.8

Having lighting problems to obtain the min 1/50th shutter speed :o Oddly enough i have no lamps in my house and the torches aren't bright enough. My folks will be dropping some off this afternoon so hopefully have things sorted by then! :rolleyes:

Associate
£250 GX80 body

• 16MP Four Thirds MOS sensor
  • Electromagnetically driven shutter
  • DFD
  • tilting touchscreen display
  • 4K video / photo

i-Xf5WpRV-M.jpg

Soldato
Finally found an A7 at the right price, picked it up at Heathrow on the way home (thanks Brexit!)

c1b13e5bc0cf4cf7b201b5399c3261bd.png

Got the kit lens but after shooting my Leica glass on it for a few days I don't see it getting used. It's massive apart from anything else! The IQ from this little package is mind-blowing. Very happy :)

Caporegime
Great buy. I was so tempted to buy one as well but all the people complaining about Sony put me off.

Great quality but a flawed camera. Which A7 version did you get?

Soldato
New tech cam for landscapes and architecture (used to shoot lots of 5x4, but ran out of film :p ) attaching a Phase one IQ260 to it next week,

Cambo WRS-5000
Rodenstock Digaron 32mm WTS (Tilt and swing)

MzQVUcF.jpg

Soldato
Wanted a decent travel camera as lugging my DSLR gear around on holiday was becoming a pain.
Snap. Finally pulled the trigger on a Fuji X-T10. Terrible timing as the X-T20 will be announced soon, but I'm going to Cuba in 4 weeks and couldn't miss out (seen as the X-T10s were becoming hard to find). Got the 35mm f2 with it, seems lovely. About to buy a Deadcameras wrist strap now, too :cool:

Sm0sM8k.jpg

Associate
New tech cam for landscapes and architecture (used to shoot lots of 5x4, but ran out of film :p ) attaching a Phase one IQ260 to it next week,

Cambo WRS-5000
Rodenstock Digaron 32mm WTS (Tilt and swing)

Awesome. Love the 150mm Rodenstock Sironar-N on my 5x4, they make such nice lenses. I also tend to pick them first whenever I make darkroom print as well.

Nice P0 too!

Soldato
Great buy. I was so tempted to buy one as well but all the people complaining about Sony put me off.

Great quality but a flawed camera. Which A7 version did you get?

Got the 1st gen A7. Buying criteria was that it cost about the same as I can get for my M6 TTL so have been waiting for the price to come down.

I've been shooting ISO 100 film for years so not really bothered about IS. Curious as to the flaws though? No complaints from me so far.

And

And

Associate
Just ordered a pair of Leica Trinovid 8x42 HD bins, needed a new pair with fieldwork starting at the end of next month. The Hawke Frontier ED I have (strap lug broke) will do for the car.

Back
Top Bottom