The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
How much did the D3 cost you?

Very nice squirl shot btw.

£1600 and its not far off mint. Has 35k shutter actuations and a paint rub on the bottom of it. I also got a crumpler "easy weasy" bag for £29, which is pretty much brand new, so I can take my MBA, camera and 70-200 lens with me where ever I want (plus plenty more room for other stuff also, including my flash, A4 notepad etc). Gonna use my lowepro nova 200 AW as a storage bag now and just take what I need out in the crumpler.

Soldato
£1600 and its not far off mint. Has 35k shutter actuations and a paint rub on the bottom of it. I also got a crumpler "easy weasy" bag for £29, which is pretty much brand new, so I can take my MBA, camera and 70-200 lens with me where ever I want (plus plenty more room for other stuff also, including my flash, A4 notepad etc). Gonna use my lowepro nova 200 AW as a storage bag now and just take what I need out in the crumpler.

Good deal, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Soldato
I'd quite like to have a play around with a D600 to see what it can actually do. The stores in Hull are rubbish for trying camera gear out sadly. Jessops in hull has only entry level DSLR's only and compacts. They don't stock any decent lenses either lol.

Associate
The difference between an APS-C and full frame is worlds apart, night and day. 4/3 can't even hope to keep up :p

Couple of test shots from the D3 at 6400 I took at work (was playing with a macro lens that came in!):
highiso.jpg

100%:
highiso2-1.jpg

The D600 and D800 are better still. Don't even get me started on the D4 which is just amazing!

Soldato
To be honest the OMD EM5 out performed the Sony A77 at ISO 1600. it's a very good camera, just almost impossible to get a decent amount of subject isolation even with the likes of the 25mm F1.4 or 45mm F1.8.

Back
Top Bottom