• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Caporegime
OP
It's all gravy to me and if you are happy, that's all that counts. :)
Very, i didn't expect the CPU to perform well at all on a 290, and in fairness with DX9 games like Planet Side 2 it doesn't, but i don't play those anyway.

Thief is not good in DirectX mode, IMO thats down to Nvidia's CPU PhysX.
BF4 its not too bad, Min FPS ~50 In DirectX on full servers.

But i have Mantle for those two and am only limited by the GPU, not the CPU.

Others DX11 Games: Crysis 3, every good performance with everything on Very High (Including Texture Res) + 4x MSAA i get about 45 to 60 FPS with vSync and 99% GPU usage all the time.

Grid 2: excellent
War Face: surprisingly good performance
Ecte....

I'm good for now, and DX12 promises to cull the need for very expensive CPU's in the future.

Its all good :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Very, i didn't expect the CPU to perform well at all on a 290, and in fairness with DX9 games like Planet Side 2 it doesn't, but i don't play those anyway.

Thief is not good in DirectX mode, IMO thats down to Nvidia's CPU PhysX.
BF4 its not too bad, Min FPS ~50 In DirectX on full servers.

But i have Mantle for those two and am only limited by the GPU, not the CPU.

Others DX11 Games: Crysis 3, every good performance with everything on Very High (Including Texture Res) + 4x MSAA i get about 45 to 60 FPS with vSync and 99% GPU usage all the time.

Grid 2: excellent
War Face: surprisingly good performance
Ecte....

I'm good for now, and DX12 promises to cull the need for very extensive CPU's in the future.

Its all good :)

Thief uses CPU PhysX dont think it does mate.

Man of Honour
your not stupid, and niether am i :) 7970 4 FPS slower than a 680 and its higher clocked. It obviously favours Nvidia.

If you click on SieB link its running at 1230Mhz (Kaap got it wrong), 130Mhz higher than mine and he's on an i5, he's 3.5 FPS higher than me.

I told you i have no bottlenecking, and the scores bare that out.

Actually SieB edited the post after I updated the score.:D

Back
Top Bottom