The next James Bond could be...

Suspended
I don't really think Bond as a character is resonating with younger audiences anymore, so they will have to modernise again.

It's hard enough to get them off tik-tok and get them in the cinema in the first place, but I doubt we will see the highs of the Daniel craig box offices again which were $600, $589, $1.1 [billion], 880 and 774 million dollars

It's also a franchise that makes far more on Worldwide tickets than 'domestic' (America)

Last edited:
Soldato
I always thought "James Bond" was always just a cover issued name etc, I though that's why those in MI6 when they said "Bond" it was always in a rather sarcastic tone like " we know what's not your name". Then got more confused when in one of the films they talked about his grandparents or some ****? I don't want Bond to have a backstory, like, at all, nothing.
Also think setting up a female agent would work FAR better if one just had their on series and plot and story line, hopefully not part of some stupid Bond Universe etc.

Associate
Whatever happens for the love of God get back to releasing every couple of years, three max and abit less of the post production shenanigans.

They seem to be more and more complex to make but with less and less payoff. The cgi breakdown of NTTD DB9 scene was mind blowing, soo much (albeit well done invisible ) CGI but one wonders how much all this complexity costs in time.

Hopefully they’ll get 4 movies out before he hits his mid 40’s. Also wish him luck because by all accounts Craig hated making Bond movies by the 2nd onward, was pretty clear he wasn’t enjoying the process in interviews, candid comments. I expect it’s movie by committee, long and drawn out.

Soldato
Whatever happens for the love of God get back to releasing every couple of years, three max and abit less of the post production shenanigans.

They seem to be more and more complex to make but with less and less payoff. The cgi breakdown of NTTD DB9 scene was mind blowing, soo much (albeit well done invisible ) CGI but one wonders how much all this complexity costs in time.

Hopefully they’ll get 4 movies out before he hits his mid 40’s. Also wish him luck because by all accounts Craig hated making Bond movies by the 2nd onward, was pretty clear he wasn’t enjoying the process in interviews, candid comments. I expect it’s movie by committee, long and drawn out.
He turns 34 in June. I would be amazed if Bond 26 is released before Summer 2025 so he'll be 35 by the time his first Bond film is out. Even if they do a 2-3 year turnaround he'd be 37-38 for Bond 27 and then just turning 40 for Bond 28?

Caporegime
Only seen Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Marvel films, Kick-ass films and Godzilla. Just assumed he was an American actor tbh! I need to watch him speak with his normal accent before I decide whether he's a good choice for this role, although my initial instincts are he isn't.

A quick Wikipedia shows Daniel Criag was 47 when he did Spectre and 53 for No time to die. Brosnan's last 2 outings he was 42 and 45 years old. Roger Moore was 53, 55 and 57 for his final 3. I don't think age is a big issue. If anything Aaron "looks" too young for the role imo.

rp2000

Associate
Only seen Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Marvel films, Kick-ass films and Godzilla. Just assumed he was an American actor tbh! I need to watch him speak with his normal accent before I decide whether he's a good choice for this role, although my initial instincts are he isn't.

A quick Wikipedia shows Daniel Criag was 47 when he did Spectre and 53 for No time to die. Brosnan's last 2 outings he was 42 and 45 years old. Roger Moore was 53, 55 and 57 for his final 3. I don't think age is a big issue. If anything Aaron "looks" too young for the role imo.

rp2000
The age jokes in NTTD and fact a man in his 50’s hitting it on with some young hot thing 20 years younger does highlight it a tad. Just saying, let’s try to avoid the Moore years toward the end in terms of age unless it’s specifically a thing (old snake, old bond?)

Soldato

rp2000
You must know about this nugget :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
You must know about this nugget :p
Now you mention it it's clearly him, missed it at that time though. Just listened to a clip of him in Bullet Train as well, although he is putting on an accent for that role. Watched an interview of him from the Bullet Train press tour on Youtube and made up my mind.

Originally he looked too young to me, after hearing his real voice he also sounds too young.

rp2000

Soldato
Isn't he a bit young? Bond is supposed to have been a Commander in the Royal Navy so should be about 40.
Well if you can have 60 year old Tom Cruise playing a fighter pilot then I'm sure someone in their early to mid 30's will be fine. There's also the idea that 'Commander' might just be a title to give Bond some rank too. By coincidence an RN Lt Cdr was sat on my sofa earlier today, and another friend is actually a RN Commander (although just retiring) and both of them would make terrible secret agents. :p
Bond is quite a hard role to play, with all the stuntwork and training involved in the newer films. I'm not surprised DC had had enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom