The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
8586388461_0717f4f2ca_z.jpg

Last night at uni this term tomorrow... Figured I'd treat myself!

Never really had Jim Beam before, but first impressions tell me it's very similar to JD

My OH started buying Jim Beam because it was cheaper than JD, she actually prefers it now.

On the water tonight, giving my liver a night off.

Soldato
Iced Vanilla Coffee.

This stuff is fantastic, used to buy bottles of it from Morrisons and it was beautiful.

Tesco simply golden ale.

Nice, more lager like than ale but more palatable than a true lager. Lots of toast on the nose when opening the bottle but after that it's all pretty bland. a great ale for a summer day but not something you look for deep character from.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Finally finished the last of the Bunnahabhain Cruach-Mhona - thank **** for that :p
I've been forcing myself to drink it recently just to get rid of it (shouldn't have bought a litre bottle at duty free :o).
It's not a bad whisky, it's just not very good - certainly nowhere near as nice as Bunnahabhain are capable of. It's one of those whiskies that you hover your hand over when selecting a dram for the night and then bypass it onto something a bit tastier.

Having finished that, I'm also now finishing off the Singleton. Gets mostly decent reviews except from Jim Murray who thinks it's rough. It isn't rough, it's smooth and oaky with a hint of spice and a nice sweet finish. As usual, the self styled "whisky God" has got it completely wrong. I shudder to think how many people have bought the wrong whisky and been put off by the claptrap this man writes. I would love to find out how much he earns in backhanders from bigging up poor whiskies and dissing good whiskies. The man is either hopeless at his job or (more likely) a ****ing crook :mad:

Soldato
Hmmm. Have already qauffed a can of Guinness Draft (left over from last night) and had a short Glenlivet 12YO. I've got a cold. That's my excuse ;)

Back
Top Bottom