The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
20130407_145330_zpsba615e76.jpg

Old ford export stout by the redchurch brewery out of east london, Abv 7.5%, IBU 77. Bottle conditioned.

Have been neglecting my beer of late and my beer responsibility's so i thought i would give my self a treat, first new craft beer i have had for a while and Oh WOW!

Lots of chocolate and coffee on the tongue with a thick oily mouth feel that slides in a beautiful hoppy burst that in turn finishes with a lovely bitter punch.

Really lovely stout and something i will definitely buy again. Highly recommended.

I must add that i feel any one who appreciates a Sierra Nevada pale ale will find this very satisfying

Last edited:
Soldato
It certainly is, perfect size for 330cl bottles :D

20130407_155354_zps0b31db3b.jpg

The kernel brewery London 1890 export stout out of London (obviously), Abv 7.2% IBU(?). Bottle conditioned.

Loads of black coffee on the nose with smooth oily mouth feel that delivers a rich and hefty stout satisfaction through notes of vanilla and nut with a slightly toasty undertone, warming on the tongue with bitterness around the edges and a subtle hop profile.

I love the kernel brewery, they do not seem to be able to do any wrong in my eyes and are a fantastic example of British craft beer, I urge any one and everyone to try as many of there brews as you can. Today though i have to say the old ford export stout takes the crown for me, its much more impressive hop profile and punchlines give it the edge and I will be trying any ale I can find brewed by them, both fantastic ales though and highly recommended.

Soldato
To be fair i think it has a massive amount to do with the game dynamic this time and the real advantage of knowing just what you need so early on can do, it is the one thing i think should change next time, 3 weeks at a time short notice rounds.

the ability to plan ahead is a very powerful one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
To be fair i think it has a massive amount to do with the game dynamic this time and the real advantage of knowing just what you need so early on can do, it is the one thing i think should change next time, 3 weeks at a time short notice rounds.

the ability to plan ahead is a very powerful one.

Should really keep this in the proper thread.... :D

I've entered mine (ooh err missus) up until 'F' still not even thought about anything else...

Back
Top Bottom