The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Whoops. Should have given a wee review. It's OK. I was on Flying Dog IPA beforehand which is obviously a much hoppier example. But this is rather nice. A good session beer, it would be delicious from cask but pretty nice from bottle. Would buy it again. And IIRC, it wasn't that pricey.

Thanks for the update and small review, will see if I can acquire some. Though I think it's going to have to be an awesome beer indeed in order to beat 5AM Saint in my eyes :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the update and small review, will see if I can acquire some. Though I think it's going to have to be an awesome beer indeed in order to beat 5AM Saint in my eyes :D

I'm a big fan of 5AM Saint, and it's a totally different beer to that but worth checking out. Tryst make some good beers, not as unique and groundbreaking (I hate myself for using those terms) as Brewdog but good beers nonetheless.

Speaking of Brewdog though. I had a bottle of 10 Heads High tonight, their new red ale. It was pretty awful. They better not be planning to replace 5AM with it as it's very bad. Strong mind, but still not very tasty. I wouldn't waste your money on it.
On more positive news, they've brought back Alice Porter. That is a very interesting beer. It'll divide opinion (as it did before) but I think it's very nice and worthy of your money.

Soldato
I'm a big fan of 5AM Saint, and it's a totally different beer to that but worth checking out. Tryst make some good beers, not as unique and groundbreaking (I hate myself for using those terms) as Brewdog but good beers nonetheless.

Agreed - and if you haven't tried Tryst's Drovers 80 then it's definitely one I'd recommend. :)

On more positive news, they've brought back Alice Porter. That is a very interesting beer. It'll divide opinion (as it did before) but I think it's very nice and worthy of your money.

Haven't tried that one yet - another added to my list :D

Soldato
First time out for beers in absolutely ages tonight, as we've all progressed in age I predict real ale pubs to feature heavily :D

I've got to say I'm not a fan of 5AM Saint, I didn't find it that pleasant to drink. It was only 4 bottles worth though from Sainsbury's, but I'm not inclined to buy any more!

Soldato
Leffe Blonde

Nice beer, sort of weird taste.

I first had that in France while away with work, it was basicly the only pump beer they had. It tasted better after the second beer.

After 4 or 5 pints I was totaled, I couldn't even get my words out while having a work conversation with the supplier who took us out there which was a little heated. I literally tried to get a sentence out twice and then realised it was not going to work so I looked at a colleague and said, Gary, what do you think about the subject, I shut up finished my bottle of bud (was back at the hotel by then and went to bed)

Next day I was dead. Classroom stuff with me feeling like I was about to blurghhh everywhere. I made out I had a telephone call and went to the car for about a hour. I dont normally drink it but Monster ripper resolved my issue. Lucky for me while I was out there my phone rang and I sold 6 machines worth about 100k. So it all tallied up when i went back in

I am only small but it really had taken its toll on me.

checks percentage. ouch no wonder...

I enjoy it every now and then at home, Tesco have two for £5 at the moment good deal

story over :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
20130518201439391.jpg

:)

Back
Top Bottom