The **Now Drinking** Thread

my local offie is wanting £1.30 a can for 500ml 5% so i stopped using them a few months ago, been paying 65-75p a can from tesco instead

Not drinking right now, will be saving for dinner a bit later and a film but found these in Sainsbury's! Only £2.50 each!

20140523_163257_zps5605274b.jpg

Craft UK lagers? Which ones are they?

If it's the Tesco Double IPA that's actually Brewdog's Hardcore IPA in disguise and if I remember correctly are sold at a steal of a price.

Craft UK lagers? Which ones are they?

If it's the Tesco Double IPA that's actually Brewdog's Hardcore IPA in disguise and if I remember correctly are sold at a steal of a price.

These are straight lagers rather than the Simply ales. One is by Marstons brewed exclusively for Tesco, another from Fullers and one from Greene King I think. All badged "small batch" or craft lager. I'll post further details as I drink them, they're currently chilling in the fridge :)

Okay, first is "Revisionist Craft Lager" craft brewed by Marston's exclusively for Tesco.

"Bank's brewmaster Simon Yates blends new world hop character with old world Continental lager styles. This light & refreshing hybrid lager is crafted using six different Continental & British hop varieties."

Admiral and Boadicea hops are listed on the bottle.

As for the taste? It's interesting... quite dry with not too strong a hoppy taste. It does sit between ale and lager that's for sure.

Oh, 5% 500ml bottle, 4 for £6 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom