The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
It opened at 9am this morning. Be prepared to wait if you're going, I queued for just under two hours, and I imagine since tomorrow is Saturday it'll be pretty hectic.

Everything was worth it though, it was like being back in Canada as soon as I tasted stuff.

Soldato
Yeah I imagine the queues will be crazy. I hear some guy camped out since last night in order to be first in line. He did get free coffee for a year though. Worth it?

What flavours do the Timbits come in? I looked online, but the websites fairly light on details.

Associate
I don't drink enough coffee in a year for it to be worth it for me personally, think the first ten customers got fifty timbits each month for a year.

There are six timbit flavours... old fashioned plain, old fashioned glazed, chocolate glazed, strawberry filled, chocolate filled and birthday cake. Bit disappointing compared to Canada's selection but I'm hoping their flavours will expand as they open more stores.

Soldato
Wooft. Just looked it up online. Canada's version: Flavors include, but are not limited to, chocolate glazed, jelly filled, dutchie, honey dip, sour cream glazed, old-fashioned plain, old fashion glazed, blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, lemon, apple cider, orange-tangerine, creamy caramel, cherry cake, birthday cake, honey cruller, pumpkin spice, toasted coconut, and apple fritter.

Like you said, its early days, so fingers crossed for expansion in the UK range.

Man of Honour
wow that worked so well, saw it on a youtube video. rather than frying eggs in oil or butter, put a slice of cheese in the pan and crack an egg on top and cook like normal. super crispy cheesey bottomed fried egg.

Soldato
hLsoYx.jpg

IY1wjc.jpg

Had an amazing brunch today at a place I was trying for the first time called McPhabbs. They do a brunch service at the weekend. Plates are £6 each. I had two. Went for the chorizo potato hash, followed by banana bread French toast, drizzled with maple syrup. Was possible to get bacon with this for £1 extra, but I opted not to. Both were REALLY good! Friendly staff too. Highly recommend for anyone in Glasgow area.

lQfA7c.jpg

TCXqkl.jpg

Also stopped in at Tim Horton's on the way home. Queue wasn't too bad when I arrived, only had to wait around 10 - 15 minutes to get inside. When I left though the queue had more than doubled from the amount it had been when I got there. They've obviously been rammed with customers, because they had run out of most types of doughnuts. They only had a couple types and the Tim Bits left. I asked on Twitter about it and was told they'd been baking constantly since Friday, but had basically started to run out of the ingredients to bake more doughnuts, but that they were working to get restocked ASAP.

Soldato
Oops! I think their pretty nice. I think my favourite ones are the chocolate ones. Its a pity they'd sold out of so many of the regular doughnuts, there were a few of those I'd still like to try. I'm sure things will have calmed down by the time I next go to Glasgow though.

Man of Honour
smoked applewood fried egg and bacon.
my new favourite breakfast

no need for oil in the pan if you have a non stick, cheese provides more than enough.

Also just put bbq pulled chicken in the slow cooker for latter.

Back
Top Bottom