The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I follow percys on FB and really must call in one day, how was it?
Their Facebook and Instagram makes me hungry every time they post! Can't knock the service and the food at all, always really good and a great variety for a small place, everything is always fresh and tasty.
My only small criticism is that trying to keep the food warm is difficult, cant really be helped with BBQ and burgers though. I find some of their sides overpriced. £3 or something for a small pot of mac'n'cheese, £4 for chilli, £2 for beans, £2 for 'slaw. But the burgers, sandwiches, wings and desserts are really good.

Soldato
Stuck in the house trying to get over a nasty cold, so rather than going out I decided to get some lunch delivered.

nUHOJf.jpg

A chicken tikka and cheese panini. Looks basic, but it was actually quite nice. Decent little side salad with it as well.

Caporegime
Stuck in the house trying to get over a nasty cold, so rather than going out I decided to get some lunch delivered.

nUHOJf.jpg

A chicken tikka and cheese panini. Looks basic, but it was actually quite nice. Decent little side salad with it as well.
What delivery service did you use?

I had a McDonald’s delivered last night by Uber eats. Was very impressed tbh. From placing the order to knocking at the door I waited just 14 minutes. Couldn’t have driven there and back in that time. Food was as hot as if you bought a drive through home and all bagged nicely and not thrown about.

Man of Honour
Aldi creme caramel gelato, god this stuff is amazing. Think it's over thrown haagen daz. Love the texture and taste.

Find it far to hit and miss in there to do a normal shop. Their products range from vile to bliss and there's no telling without trying.

Also stopped in wiatrose and what a different shop that is for the high class. However short ribs for £5 a kilo, only had 4 ribs left, took them all and got some Bavette as well.

Soldato
I find Aldi great for snacks, cakes etc and some of their meat is good but the vegetables in my local one look old and tatty.

Good for fizzy drinks and cereal too, got a family size box of frosted flakes (non-branded) tasted better than the Kellogg's version!

We aldo had a beef joint last week, think it was £8 but it was very nice meat, doesn't beat the butchers though!

Soldato
Well not eating now but earlier on...

Smoked Brisket and burnt ends (w texas toast) with sweet potato fries and onion rings

5SjrDxm.jpg

Additional side of Swine fries (Mix of sweet potato and normal fries with pulled pork and cheese)

yqoBsrm.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Went to see Ready Player One yesterday. Great movie, go see it! :)

wLafGd.jpg

Went to nearby McDonalds afterwards for some chow. Got a Big Tasty burger (dunno why McDonalds keeps trotting this out over and over, god forbid they should give us something new...), 3 chicken selects, mozzarella dippers and a coke zero. Didn't win anything from the Monopoly tickets.

Back
Top Bottom