The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Half pounder with cheese and egg, chips and salad and a fanta orange. Lovely. Best of all, my mate is buying. :)

20210624-131704.jpg

Permabanned
Aye, I'm with you on that one. It's so tight of certain places not to put a middle layer of fillng in. Doesn't matter how good your sponge is, if it isn't heaped with buttercream I ain't interested.

Associate
I ran out of butter the other day so did cheese on toast under the grill and decided to try ground salt and black pepper on a piece, was bloody lovely!

One of my fav cheat meal is a cheese toastie , buttered up and add some mustard and rocket. If you have bacon that is a great addition too , but you gotta cook that separately and its a first world problem some times.

Permabanned
Look lovely Raymond.

Had Monday/Tuesday off this week so went a bit mental on the baking front.

Shokupan pan rolls. I don't really like it made in a loaf tin and have always preferred the fluffier texture you get from the patterned rolls. Lovely with chocolate spread on!

JMzT09z.jpg

J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's recipe for cast iron Pizza, pretty much the only recipe I use for Pizza dough these days as I detest kneading pizza dough and have always preferred deep pan. Was delicious!

tecCCwB.jpg
qhDtLGS.jpg

Just a good old fashioned BLT with some belly bacon made from a family friends pigs. Just the best sandwich ever.

piXIH16.jpg

Had some left over Bananas that had started to brown so decided to make Banana Bread. I used to love the cakier version that's become quite popular these days but as I've gotten older I much prefer the breadier version. I cut it with Bread flour to make it that little bit more hearty. Wonderful with Lurpak slathered all over it.

VGxnqgk.jpg

Basically the same Shokupan bread above but the chocolate version and twisted up into separate buns with Nutella weaved throughout. First time making them like this, thought they turned out OK.

NIZXNzW.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom