The **Now Eating** Thread

IMG-20220314-180715-01.jpg

I thought exactly the same last week!

I bought the four pack the other day. Heinz used to have chicken bits and as you say, its like custard. Yet more cost cutting for an inferior product, and still the price goes up. :(

The pork looks epic. :eek:
I had the Crosse & Blackwell cream of chicken today, absolutely different level to Heinz. Like I remember it to be, pale thick, creamy with actual bits of chicken in. Delicious.

Sweetheart (Hispi) Cabbage Okonomiyaki with Streaky Bacon, Spring Onions and Nori with Kewpie Mayo and Otafuku Okonomi Sauce
attractive, I wasn't familiar with Cabbage Okonomiyaki, I was surprised cabbage doesn't need pre-cooking, but like fritters done with grated potato+egg I suppose it cooks,
is the bacon partially pre-cooked, or it's like a french apple tart, where you invert it.

---------------

lemon self-basting pudding - forgot to take pictures bowled-up w/whipped-cream
it's a homogenous mixture you you pour in, but separates into cake on top and custard below during baking.

recently rediscovered a similar chocolate version - also yummy.

51943184270_e4e2d522e9_o_d.jpg

I have no idea what this is but I want to try it. :p
attractive, I wasn't familiar with Cabbage Okonomiyaki, I was surprised cabbage doesn't need pre-cooking, but like fritters done with grated potato+egg I suppose it cooks,
is the bacon partially pre-cooked, or it's like a french apple tart, where you invert it.

@MikeTheNative Make it mate, they are dead easy to make. You can use normal bbq sauce and mayo on top rather than the Japanese variants if you dont want to buy them.

@jpaul There are typically 2 styles Osaka style which is mix everything together and cook it (which this one is) and Hiroshima style which you build it up in the pan by layer and often has noodles in it. Dont need to cook the cabbage before hand, just cut it into small pieces and when cooking start at medium heat and cover it when cooking so it steams as well as cooks and flip it. For the bacon part, just put some rashers in the pan then put the cabbage mix on top and spread it out. The bacon will cook enough by the time you are ready to flip.

Last edited:
IF4Kove.jpg

Ive eaten a lot of garlic bread, for it is the future, but year after year no garlic bread bests that of Pizza Bi Goli in Lichfield. It looks so simple, for it is, but this is world class omnomnomnom levels of garlic bread. A butter delivery system of the very finest calibre. The doughy outside, perfect for wiping up left over butter, the crunch centre, fully soaked in butter crunchy/salty satisfaction and then the garlic, just there for that breath of hell in the morning.

Friday evening Italian

Back
Top Bottom