The **Now Eating** Thread

Looks delish ! :D

Lunch

IMG-20220324-131002-01.jpg

Fried eggs on toast with a side of fried bread

Last nights dinner. Nduja meatballs, roasted red peppers in a smoky tomato sauce with pappardelle, topped with basil and Parmesan, served with red onion and fontal cheese pantofola.

I feel this didn't get enough respect.

My pasta dishes never seem to look this appetising and i always think i'd like to eat more pasta but always seem to go for basic

Sausages in a tomato sauce with penne
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Spaghetti Carbonara

I've also recently discovered Fettucine Alfredo but that's a lot of cream/cheese!

Ha, i think it's probably the delicious looking bread on the side!

Helps it's on a plate too i think with big wide pasta.
Thanks for your compliments.

Pantofola is amazing. The dough is like a cross between ciabatta and pizza dough. Once topped and baked, it is quite close to pizza tbh, but the crust has a superb almost burnt crispiness feel to it. I probably enjoyed it more than the pasta tbh :D

WFnYq9.jpg

Went for a haircut this morning. Decided to go for a little day out in Glasgow afterwards. Of course I had to go to my usual haunt Scran. Got the poached eggs stornoway with added bacon. So damn good. The poached eggs are always perfect. Lovely runny yolk when you cut into them :)

uSAkd6.jpg

I had originally planned to go to either Mezcal (Mexican) or Panang (Thai) for lunch. But I didn't factor in the fact its mothers day weekend beforehand. Mezcal had at least a 90 minute wait time for a table when I got there and Panang was booked solid! I ended up going to Bread Meats Bread instead. Didn't have much appetite, so I opted out of having fries or poutine or any other sides. I just got the BBQ pulled pork melt. Was very nice.

Back
Top Bottom