The **Now Eating** Thread

Used some of the leftover tortilla dough from yesterday, a cheesy breakfast burrito with egg, mushrooms and pico de gallo.

[img]

I make Pico pico de gallo quite often, really easy to make but it freshens up anything you put with it. So much better than the slop of salsa you get in jars in the UK.
@Raikiri do you have a tortilla press or do you roll it, use a pan?

I need a tortilla press, I rolled it out a little then pulled it by hand like you would a pizza. But I'm not very good at that, hence the odd shape :D

I have a tortilla press /flex

It was a cheap stainless steel one, I want to get a slightly larger cast iron so I can get them a little thinner and larger. Only used it for corn tortilla though but I assume it’d work just fine with flour tortillas.

I have a tortilla press /flex

It was a cheap stainless steel one, I want to get a slightly larger cast iron so I can get them a little thinner and larger. Only used it for corn tortilla though but I assume it’d work just fine with flour tortillas.

I've seen a decent looking 8" cast iron one for £30 on Amazon, tempted.

I've seen a decent looking 8" cast iron one for £30 on Amazon, tempted.
That’s pretty decent. Mexgrocer have them for £33 but it’s £35 for free shipping. I’d get an 8” when I replace my current one which is 6”. If you need any Mexican supplies at the same time then might work out cheaper from mexgrocer. They had some bargain masa harina last time I ordered and is the reason I have 8kg if it in the cupboard!!

Very little in life better than cheese and meat and bread

Small amounts as they're leftover from yesterdays lunch. One the cheeses has the taste/small of sweaty feet and is most unpleasant however :(

The crackers however a absolutely superb.

Can also confirm the butter is homemade farm butter from a cheese shop in Hebden Bridge which is up there as one of the best butters i've ever had!

3Dpop9F.png

Looks very nice indeed. A little portion of jasmine rice would be nice with that

Thanks and not a bad about although I can imagine my Mrs turning her nose up at potatoes with rice :D

Looks great and def a lot of variety in dishes. Are you using hello fresh? If so how do you find it?

Thanks we have use Gousto (which was great) and Hello Fresh (which we didn't think was a patch on Gousto) - we haven't had either for a while as generally struggle to find dishes all four of us will eat / like.

We have kept all the recipie cards and buy the ingredients ourselves for the meals we like. We also have a lot of cook books and the above is from "The Green Roasting Tin" which has some cracking meals in and a lot are one tray which makes it nice and simple

Back
Top Bottom