The **Now Eating** Thread

Crunchy Asian salad with Thai dressing and tomato and halloumi kebabs

IMG-20220418-132248-01.jpg

Followed by more cake and a nice cup of tea

IMG-20220418-134359-01.jpg

Nj0AwW.jpg

My day off today. I decided to go out for a little day out in Glasgow. I went to All bar One for a drink. And got a snack while I was there, the sticky chicken karaage.

q5Z2Dm.jpg

Went to Panang for lunch. Got one of their set lunch meals, consisting of Tom yum chicken and king prawn soup, jasmine rice, lamb panang, sunshine beef and Thai roti. Was really tasty and a good portion size, not too much, not too little :)

4KYEgo.jpg

And I got a few doughnuts from Tantrum Doughnuts. Its been open for a few years now, but somehow I never got around to trying their doughnuts until now. Their freaking amazing!!!

@Raikiri Please can you share your prawn tortilla recipie? (more the seasoning/filling.) :D

The prawns themselves were raw king prawns with a spice blend consisting of cumin, chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, fresh coriander, cornflour, salt, pepper and some lime juice. Then just pan-fried for a few minutes, the cornflour will help them crisp up.

The pico de Gallo is tomato (core/seeds removed), jalapeno, fresh coriander, red onion, carrot (had one I needed to use, wouldn't normally include it), lime juice and salt. There's also shredded iceburg.

The sauce is mayo, mixed with sriracha, salt, a vinegar-based hot sauce like Cholula and thinned out with some lime juice.

Sorry, I can't give you exact amounts as I usually just cook by taste.

Back
Top Bottom