The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
20220510-115053.png

Thai green curry for lunch.

Caporegime
Oh, sausage meat, flavoured minced pork basically? Not see them served as a fried up breakfast item before. Thought people buy them to make McD's egg muffin sandwiches copies.
The patties you put in muffins are not lorne sausage, they’re just a cheap mass produced shaped sausage patty. Lorne sausage is much tastier, and its always square rather than round. You can buy it in blocks to slice to your desired thickness.

Soldato
The main advantage that square/slice/Lorne sausage has (same item, just different names depending on where you are) over the standard "tube style" sausage is in a roll as you don't have to be careful when biting down and the sauce squirting out the bottom between the sausages like can happen with the standard ones :cry:

Soldato
Care to share the recipe? I'm really liking the look of them.

Sure! I just made it up as I went along so you'll have to eyeball quantities.

Meat mix is minced beef, very finely chopped onion and red pepper, garam masala, turmeric, fresh chilli, garlic and ginger, a little tomato paste to bind, tamarind, seasoning to taste.

Flatbread dough was wholemeal bread flour, enough plain yoghurt to bind, a little garam masala and cumin seeds, generous pinch of salt and sugar.

Cook off the meat mix, then roll out the dough quite thinly on a floured board, add meat to one half, fold the other half over, seal edges and gently roll to flatten, but no so much that the meat gets through the dough!

Lightly oil each side and cook on a dry griddle/frying pan over a medium heat until the bread is cooked, should only take a few minutes each side.

You could have course find a proper naan recipe but I didn't want to wait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom