The **Now Eating** Thread

Decided to do an experiment tonight. I've never cooked with pastry or port so I made
Portobello mushrooms in garlic caramelised shallots in a cream and port sauce. Then took some out, wrapped them in puff pastry and reduced the remaining liquid into a thick sauce. Served with leek and pancetta cooked in garlic, butter an white wine. Then puréed some honey roast parsnips with rosemary and pancetta.

Very pleased with the result.

Can't beat a bowl of stew mate and it's handy to freeze and throw in freezer :)

Ive got some lovely diced rib eye in the freezer waiting and this may be it, parsnip potato and garlic with carrots swede and some chilli in a beef stock thickened. Nom!

Decided to do an experiment tonight. I've never cooked with pastry or port so I made
Portobello mushrooms in garlic caramelised shallots in a cream and port sauce. Then took some out, wrapped them in puff pastry and reduced the remaining liquid into a thick sauce. Served with leek and pancetta cooked in garlic, butter an white wine. Then puréed some honey roast parsnips with rosemary and pancetta.

Very pleased with the result.

sounds tasty!

img0211ru.jpg

Bought a box of Greggs sausage and bean pasties a few months ago from Iceland. Decided to eat them to clear some space in the freezer.

img0211ru.jpg

Bought a box of Greggs sausage and bean pasties a few months ago from Iceland. Decided to eat them to clear some space in the freezer.

They look sad. You could have at least put something on them, pepper at least.

The missus eats stuff like this, i could have sirloin jacket potato and coleslaw and she would be happy with oven chips and Greggs pasty, any where else in the country i would call her a tramp but its Newcastle so they have to love Greggs and there sickly sausage rolls :D

They were ok, but really not as good as the ones you would get from the bakers. The pastry seemed drier for one thing.

Oh well. I was hungry and now I'm not, so I guess they did the job.

Im disappointed there are no pictures, you obviously put in a fair bit of effort, must have looked very nice. :D

I thought of it but then realised I'd eaten it all! More about the thought process as it took me most of the day to dream up, execution was probably about two hours or even less.

I'll take a photo next time I do something experimental :)

Back
Top Bottom