The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
or the way they cook chicken that makes it massively soft and tender.

Chicken is often marinated before cooking.. I tend to use baking soda.. leave it on the chicken for 10 mins.. then rinse off, before poaching the chicken so it's cooked.

Let is cool so that it retains a lot of moisture, then when you come to cook your chinese, just add the now pre-cooked chicken as normal..

Makes for very soft and tender chicken..

Soldato
Chicken is often marinated before cooking.. I tend to use baking soda.. leave it on the chicken for 10 mins.. then rinse off, before poaching the chicken so it's cooked.

Let is cool so that it retains a lot of moisture, then when you come to cook your chinese, just add the now pre-cooked chicken as normal..

Makes for very soft and tender chicken..

For velveting chicken I thought corn flour was good but is baking soda better then? Never tried it!

Soldato
1000079694-01.jpg

Soldato
I’m not really talking about quality, it’s more the style, texture and taste of the curry. It’s the same with Chinese, I’ve never been able to get a chow mein or egg fried rice like my local, or the way they cook chicken that makes it massively soft and tender.

It’s like the coating on KFC or Big Mac sauce, never been matched 100%
Egg fried rice is easy, hot wok preferably over gas then add some oil. When you think you’ve got enough add some more than some msg.

Credit goes to my partner she’s Taiwanese and a mean cook.

Soldato
I can recommend Dan Toombs "The Curry Guy" book, it walks you through creating the base grazy, as well as the various pastes and powders, if you really want to go to that level. (yes there is a chicken pathia recipe in there!)

But even if you use it just for the base and then the recips, I can attest it is very good. It can get a bit messy cooking the actual curry, as they are more stir fry than boil, like an actual curry house, but you really do get that authentic BIR curry, and can obv alter slightly for the thickness / taste you prefer.

The base can be made in large batches, then just microwave defrosted when you want a curry, the curry cooking itself is very quick once everything is prepped.

Can highly recommend..

Thank you - I may pick up the book and have a real good effort on cracking this cooking method.

I tried it once with great success but was never able to replicate it :(

Meanwhile, Barburito (White Rice, Chicken, Lettuce, Spicy Beans, Spicy Salsa, Medium Salsa, Cheese, Chipottle Mayo.

Milkybar/Rasp Ripple McFlurry

Soldato
As in dine it at yours? Your local takeaways kitchen for their sub par recent efforts or out out in a proper sit down restaurant? :D

Dine in, unless my instincts kick in and I swipe someone else’s Takeaway bag followed by a quick dash to the car :D

I need to be sensible mind you since I can’t just relax and let the food coma pass :cry:

Soldato
When selling a house most people opt for freshly brewed coffee, but Gilbert89 has bucked the trend according to Kirsty and Phil by having a fresh smell of Pathia on the go 7 days a week :cry:

pFCVsyP.gif

I’ve actually not ordered a Pathia, it was a toss up between Garlic Chilli Chicken, Pathia or a Madras..

I’ve not been in years but as I used to get a Madras I have chosen a Madras for old time sakes!

Just eagerly waiting now..

Edit: Have gone for a 4 Course more restricted early bird special which is only £17.95 Per Person :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom