The **Now Eating** Thread

Recipe please? This is on the menu for next week. I have a spice mix lined up but open to suggestions.

Erm prep your peppers, meat and onions.. fresh garlic and chilli..

for this one I then made a paste..

for the paste.. - a little oil in a pan, add the dry spice mix (i use Cumin, Garlic powder, Chilli powder, Smoked Paprika, and black pepper, equal of the first three.. lass of black pepper, then a little pinch of salt and sugar.. ) Toast the dry spice mix, until the dry spices are aromatic, not long as you really do not want to burn them.. i then add tomato puree, and some water.. cook until most of the water has boiled off, and you have a nice paste consistency.

I then in a very hot dry pan, add the onions and peppers, to get a little scorch on them, then remove..

then a little oil.. and fry off the chicken until cooked, then add in everything else except the paste.. I used thin cut sirloin steak, the part cooked peppers and onions from earlier.. and the fresh garlic / chillis..

once mostly cooked add the paste, and stir through until fully heated. serve..

Erm prep your peppers, meat and onions.. fresh garlic and chilli..

for this one I then made a paste..

for the paste.. - a little oil in a pan, add the dry spice mix (i use Cumin, Garlic powder, Chilli powder, Smoked Paprika, and black pepper, equal of the first three.. lass of black pepper, then a little pinch of salt and sugar.. ) Toast the dry spice mix, until the dry spices are aromatic, not long as you really do not want to burn them.. i then add tomato puree, and some water.. cook until most of the water has boiled off, and you have a nice paste consistency.

I then in a very hot dry pan, add the onions and peppers, to get a little scorch on them, then remove..

then a little oil.. and fry off the chicken until cooked, then add in everything else except the paste.. I used thin cut sirloin steak, the part cooked peppers and onions from earlier.. and the fresh garlic / chillis..

once mostly cooked add the paste, and stir through until fully heated. serve..
Nice, thanks. I've got some onion powder to add in also. And using chicken rather than steak.

Something I haven't eaten in a 100 years and would always cause my American friends to look extremely shocked when I informed them of how many I've just had :cry:

lhJI7L1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom