The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Piece of Grasmere Gingerbread.

Whenever I get myself to the Lake District I have to pick some up. They only make and sell it in one TINY shop in Grasmere.

We used to go on residential school trips to Grasmere, until the YHA sold the youth hostel we used to book :( so now we're stuck with a stupid "activity centre" which is just so sterile.

Though we found out the Youth hostel has been bought by someone else and reopened as a hostel, so we may be able to start going back! Awesome gingerbread times ahead maybe!

Soldato
Currently making a very late dinner, lol. Carbonara. Boiling free range egg tagliatelle, grilling 3 slices of smoked bacon which I'll snip into little pieces with scissors and mix with carbonara sauce (I'm not making the sauce, it's out of a jar). And I've put half a baton of garlic bread in the oven. Should be done in the next 15 minutes and not a moment too soon, I'm Hank Marvin :)

Man of Honour
just had last nights curry left overs :)
chicken nawab, chicken sagarna, bombay aloo, pilou rice, onion bhajee, tandori chicken, Mmmmm, i want some more now though :/

Last edited:
Soldato
I love that place, it is a tiny shop, think its only big enough for a few people at a time, but my god the gingerbread is worth the waiting

Advantage of going in February (even though it was half term) was that Grasmere was fairly quiet (unlike Bowness and Ambleside!). There was no one in the shop when we went in. In the summer you can be queueing down the street!

Got 4 large packs (one for someone else, and two to take to work, only one for myself) - have eaten my pack in a week :eek:

Associate
After the insanity burger, finally got the courage up to try some more of daves insanity sauce.
So chicken burger, bun and daves insanity sauce. Good God, even without all the scotch bonnets and everything else it's painfull.

I have some of that sauce at home myself... caught me out big time the first time I ate it :eek:

Back
Top Bottom