The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Either pizza or chinese tonight, sod it it's Friday!

Want to try the new local cantonese style chinese but don't really get chinese that much (more of an Indian fan) can someone spec me something up?

Spicy, meaty, not greasy or oily and some nice rice. Thinking maybe a red thai curry?

Man of Honour
Go for Chinese
Smoked shredded chicken to start.
Then lamb or pork in yellow bean sauce with cashews. My new two favourite dishes. then either rice or noodles.

Associate
Is that a pretty staple menu item? Can't see it on their menu, but if I just rock up and ask for that, will they knock it together? :p

Does sound good.

Man of Honour
Damn you, smoked shredded chicken, chicken in yellow bean sauce with cashews and egg fried rice, haven't tried this chinese though. I hope it's not like most takeaway places and rubbish.

Man of Honour
There seems to be a lack of food there. Either needs more sides or another two breasts.

That's why I'm leaning towards a pizza, Papa John's inc. I think. Never had one.

But then you never try anything new and pizza is mediocre at best, papa joins, dominos etc are pretty rubbish and just about satisfy a pizza craving, but they aren't good.

Man of Honour
That's more like it :) what's not to like about crispy chicken in a wrap.

Never make enough crispy anything. Katsu, wraps, schnitzel all is good.

Associate
But then you never try anything new and pizza is mediocre at best, papa joins, dominos etc are pretty rubbish and just about satisfy a pizza craving, but they aren't good.

There's that, but there's nothing worse than being let down by a crappy takeaway. So either stick with what you know and enjoy it or gamble it and it could go either way. :(

Man of Honour
The chicken in yellow bean sauce was very nice, rich, twang of hoisin on the back edge, crunchy nuts, succulent chicken (although would have proffered lamb/pork but they don't do it)
Smoked chicken wasn't great though.

And why can't they do half portions for half the price, stuffed and haven't even got though half of it.

Soldato
There's that, but there's nothing worse than being let down by a crappy takeaway. So either stick with what you know and enjoy it or gamble it and it could go either way. :(

That's true. But sometimes even places you've come to know and love can occasionally screw up and let you down.

Plus the same old same old can get stale after a while. That's why I've recently started trying new Chinese dishes I've shied away from before. Need something new to excite my palate. They won't all be winners, but you never know if you don't try...

Back
Top Bottom