The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Had lunch at Yo Sushi in Glasgow today. Had a fair few dishes, including a couple I was trying for the first time.

eDNI7d.jpg

Beef and garlic teriyaki. Really delicious, but expensive as one of their "special" dishes.

0TSLSh.jpg

One of their new Oishii buns. This one had Shredded roast duck topped with hoisin sauce, spring onion, coriander and white sesame seeds. Yummy! :D

Associate
That is a **** load of peas!! :eek:

Do you have some sort of pea fetish? Steak should take up more room on the plate than the peas lol

Man of Honour
Did smashed onion burgers last night. Why would anyone buy ore made burgers they are so easy.

Anyone who doesn't know. Get a pack of minced, dived up without squashing just lightly shape them into rough balls, wipe pan with a bit of ghee/butter. Put balls in, pile with some sliced onion. Then in turn take a flipper and squash down nard for 10-15 seconds. After a couple of minutes flip, few more mins and your done.

However is there such a thing as part baked and/or frozen brioche buns/ Kaiser rolls.

Also anyone interested I'm loving this shop, good prices and massive selection so can get a fair amount from the same place, got the tortilla press from here and will be getting some Korean hot chill paste, paprika and other stuff on payday.
http://www.souschef.co.uk/
Including this stuff http://www.souschef.co.uk/hoisin-sauce-2272.html I recon that's what the Chinese used for base of lamb in spicy yellow bran sauce and cashes as it had a strong hoisin flavour and red sticky consistency.

Soldato
32cuzB.jpg

Chinese for dinner. Started with a portion of sesame prawn toast :)

D9vY5r.jpg

And for the main, deep fried crispy chilli and salt beef, with fried rice. Soooo yummy! But quite a powerful afterburn! :eek: :D

Man of Honour
Damn you, I really want Chinese, well actually I want to try cooking a few dishes as my local ones aren't satisfactory. All though local ones would do right now.

Back
Top Bottom