The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Kainz, that topping on your pizza that looks like spicy beef.. it that the italian style sausage? if so, has it got a bit of an aniseed taste to it?

I've noticed that kind of flavour with PJ's pepperoni before - but it could well have been the spicy beef-looking stuff instead. It has been a while.

I didn't care for it though :/

Man of Honour
Our local PJ has the worst rating ever, so bad even places you would get a drunk kebab from get several more stars than them.

Surely standard for PJ? :D

I'm not a huge fan of any of the big name pizza places but Dominos is at least sometimes edible. Italian base and carefully chosen toppings and you can almost pretend it's not bad pizza :p

Man of Honour
I've noticed that kind of flavour with PJ's pepperoni before - but it could well have been the spicy beef-looking stuff instead. It has been a while.

I didn't care for it though :/

yeah im pretty sure its the beef.. i love it, i think it has some star anise in it
i thought the italian style sausage was thinly cut like pepperoni as it comes on 'the works' pizza i normally order and i hadnt seen it in big beefy chunks like on Kainz pizza

Man of Honour
yeah im pretty sure its the beef.. i love it, i think it has some star anise in it
i thought the italian style sausage was thinly cut like pepperoni as it comes on 'the works' pizza i normally order and i hadnt seen it in big beefy chunks like on Kainz pizza

You're probably right, yeah. I like using star anise with beef but in the tiniest of tiny amounts so I can't really taste it - it's good for bringing out the beef flavour though.

I'm probably asking a bit much for a take away pizza really...

Man of Honour
You're probably right, yeah. I like using star anise with beef but in the tiniest of tiny amounts so I can't really taste it - it's good for bringing out the beef flavour though.

I'm probably asking a bit much for a take away pizza really...

No you're not. It's just a shame they are American style pizzas rather than Italian :(. I miss my old house near a pub which did wood stove proper pizza eat in or takeaway.

Man of Honour
No you're not. It's just a shame they are American style pizzas rather than Italian :(. I miss my old house near a pub which did wood stove proper pizza eat in or takeaway.

Yeah, true enough. To be honest I've actually tried the local supposedly good pizza places and though they're better they're still not great. I do have extremely high standards for pizza in particular though :s

Man of Honour
Yeah, true enough. To be honest I've actually tried the local supposedly good pizza places and though they're better they're still not great. I do have extremely high standards for pizza in particular though :s

Takeaway standard in general is pretty dire :(, which is a massive shame.

Associate
Yeah it wasn't the best, the place it's from is actually a really nice pizza restaurant but their pizzas don't lend themselves to takeaways that well.

Man of Honour
Agree with Cainer. Not enough cheese and the tomato sauce looks too thick and gloopy.

i think the tomato is just dry as there was nothing covering it whilst in the oven :o

Yeah it wasn't the best, the place it's from is actually a really nice pizza restaurant but their pizzas don't lend themselves to takeaways that well.

ahh, i thought it was from PJ's, the crust looks very similar

Man of Honour
I really shouldn't be looking at all this junk food. I ate my dinner (a very nice home made Thai fish curry and rice) about 3 hours ago so all the beers and pictures of tasty greasy food are making it tough to just go to bed...

Man of Honour
looks like PJ's is off the cards for me tonight, last order is in 5 mins (close @ 11pm) and id need to order a 15.5" stuffed crust pizza to make the minimum delivery spend, although ive not eaten today yet im not that hungry.
Domino's is open till 1am though ;)

Back
Top Bottom