The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
theres some chunky meatballs on it :o

2qxyt5h.png

Associate
I'm sure it's not too much faff if it consists of a chicken and bottle of champagne lol.

I'm sure the other ingredients are out of picture;)

Caporegime
I made far too much veggie Mexican lasagne last night, have enough for 3 portions at lunch, so 2 lucky team members are getting fattened up :D

Get a deep, round casserole dish.

Put in a tortilla of choice (wheat, corn, wholemeal) at the bottom, cutting to fit if needed, or trim and fold 2 (I did the latter).

Microwave 2 sweet potatoes for about 12 minutes each, split 1 in half, scrape out with a spoon and smoosh over the bottom tortilla evenly.

Crumble a block of feta over that sweet potato, then scrape and smoosh the second one over that.

Another layer of tortilla.

Mix drained kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and mexican spices of your choosing (I went cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and smoked paprika).

Layer on to tortilla, and then cover with another.

Then I used a 280g bottle of sour cream sauce to cover that final tortilla, and top with a whole grated chunk of Applewood smoked cheese. (normal cheddar mixed with smoked paprika can also work).

Cook at 200ºC for 40 minutes, then switch on the grill at medium for 10 minutes to brown the top cheese later.

Done!

Soldato
surely Patak's sauces would be cheaper at costco? why wouldnt you renew.. ?
I'm sure MrMarvelous is bored of all the curry comments by now :p I still think he should change his name and sig to MrCurry though :D

Just had a bacon muffin for brekkie. Yummeh in mah tummeh!! Colleagues think I'm crazy for trimming all the bacon fat off :o

Man of Honour
Crispy bacon fat is the best. If you're going to trim the fat off have you thought about just getting bacon medallions? They're just the main meat/loin part of of back bacon. Might save you some hassle and also some fat intake if you're bothered about that sort of thing :)

Soldato
It was rubbery fat. I'd happily eat crispy bacon fat!

Crispy bacon fat is the best. If you're going to trim the fat off have you thought about just getting bacon medallions? They're just the main meat/loin part of of back bacon. Might save you some hassle and also some fat intake if you're bothered about that sort of thing :)
I don't have a choice as I buy breakfast at work :(

Back
Top Bottom