The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
This is just for you cainer!

2015-02-20%2019.16.07.jpg

I had my first ever kebab with both chicken and the weird kebab meat. I'm not sure if I would have it again, needed more garlic sauce.
I was brave and took a bite out of that chili... So horrible :D Also had some cheesy garlic bread to share but I was a bit too slow on that one and got left with 2 slices :(

Man of Honour
nice, :D
your first ever though? have you been living in a hole? :p
i havnt had a kebab for aaaages, i actually have a Kebab/burger shop 4 doors away from my house, but they are stingy with the portions and charge too much, also their lamb donner meat has a very savory taste, i dont think it has much lamb in it :o

btw dont know why, but i have massive de ja vous writing that and seeing your pic :eek:

Associate
Yup first ever. Well I tried some aaaages ago (we are talking 10 years or so) when my brother had it and I decided it was disgusting so never had kebab after that try and today I decided to give it another go and it didnt taste what I thought it would. The chicken was nicer though so if I have it again I will go for all chicken :D

Man of Honour
Yeah, I'm not a fan of those heavily salted chillies. Though I've read you can make a very nice oil by mincing them and dropping them into hot virgin olive oil. Take it off the heat as soon as you add them and then let it all sit around for a few hours. Drizzle it on pizza or pasta to provide a nice boost to umami.

I've just loaded up on all the food in the house (which it turns out wasn't much) so I can be fuelled up for the 60 mile ride we're planning to do this morning. Kind of hoping the rain will stop before I need to set off...

Associate
We went out for a walk to the park and walked past some shops we have been ignoring for ages. Turns out there is great little cafe that does nice english breakfast. So I had a small breakfast. After that we stopped to a little bakery to buy cakes which were amaizing. All this 5 mins away from us and I have been saying it would be nice to have a cafe near us!

1dVaygX.jpg

Keeping it simple for a lazy Sunday lunch.

Grilled cripsy back bacon, perflectly runny poached eggs, lightly buttered toast. Seasoned with cracked black pepper, Himalayan pink salt and good old fashioned pepper sauce. Yum.

Associate
Made a early roast as didnt want to eat dinner really late. Roast potatos and parsnips, chicken (plenty leftovers for my lunch for work), carrots and green beans and homemade gravy. Im way too full now...

Back
Top Bottom