The **Now Eating** Thread

Exactly...it's not like you drink all the oil in the pan.

That's hardly the argument for using more oil is it? ... You don't drink what's left in the pan.

My point is one has more oil than the other, the fact that you can dap it with kitchen paper to soak some off is evident that there are oil that cling on to it. Eggs isn't oil repellant.

That's hardly the argument for using more oil is it? ... You don't drink what's left in the pan.

My point is one has more oil than the other, the fact that you can dap it with kitchen paper to soak some off is evident that there are oil that cling on to it. Eggs isn't oil repellant.

I'm not suggesting that someone should use lots of excess oil. What I am saying though is that suggesting that having excess oil in the pan causes the eggs to be less healthy isn't correct and is probably advice based on ignorance of cooking processes and health implications. I'm not saying this to have a go at you or try to belittle you - it's just a case of trying to make sure the right info is out there.

Unless it's bacon fat then mop it up with some nice bread nom nom nom

Nom indeed :) I usually save the fat rendered from bacon in the morning to be used with cooking lunch or dinner. I also have some bacon-fat chicken confit in the fridge that I'm looking forward to trying pretty soon too.

I dont use anything when I cook my eggs. I dont know why you need oil in the first place. Butter I can understand for flavour but if you got a good pan you dont need oil to cook an egg...

I dont use anything when I cook my eggs. I dont know why you need oil in the first place. Butter I can understand for flavour but if you got a good pan you dont need oil to cook an egg...

Agreed. I tend to use a little butter as I like the flavour it imparts. That aside, I use the blowtorch method for the top as it is easiest and most convenient (for me - my grill sucks and I hate flipping eggs. Also, a blowtorch takes a few seconds at most).

I'm just making a point about the vilifying of oil really.

2015-06-29%2018.56.19.jpg

YUM.

Back
Top Bottom