The **Now Eating** Thread

I had a hazelnut one the other day too and thought exactly the same. Not sure how anyone can really taste the difference amongst everything else. The main fillings listed are: nougat (15%), caramel (27%), peanuts (17%) and hazelnuts (only 5.6%). :confused:

o9mfk2.jpg

Nacho, nacho man!!! I want to be a nacho man!! :D

as its sunday i decided to have a roast chicken dinner for lunch :)

5abiWUe.jpg

I've gone right off KFC now :( I used to love it, but everytime I have one now I feel like utter crap after!

Their chips are pretty dire as well, and you can never get the decent chicken gravy anymore, not sure if anyone knows what I'm on about but the one in your photo is not the one I mean, the other one is darker and more thicker tastes lovely.

I do still enjoy their twisters though love the peppered mayo they use.

sometimes it does leave me feeling knocked for six, like i just want to go to bed, but i think thats just the nature of fast food??

fries are pretty bad most of the time, like they've been sat around for a while.. no where near as good a McFries, they should go back to the thicker chips they used to do,

gravy is good :D but even from the same store it can change colour and consistancy from day to day depending on who's 'knocked it up'

i always have the big daddy burger due to the peppered mayo ;)

sometimes it does leave me feeling knocked for six, like i just want to go to bed, but i think thats just the nature of fast food??

fries are pretty bad most of the time, like they've been sat around for a while.. no where near as good a McFries, they should go back to the thicker chips they used to do,

gravy is good :D but even from the same store it can change colour and consistancy from day to day depending on who's 'knocked it up'

i always have the big daddy burger due to the peppered mayo ;)

Yeah I suppose you're right about the fast food, McDonalds never usually makes me feel bad though majority of the time.

This is the difference I mean:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The first one is one which always appears now when I buy a KFC, which is the one I dislike, I normally ask the person at the till if I can see the pot first and it i looks like that I ask for beans :D (also what is it with calling them BBQ beans? they taste like standard beans to me, I usually get BBQ sauce and mix in the pot with the beans)
Second pic is the one I like, I know it sounds stupid but hey! we like what we like right?

Just been searching online for KFC's pepper mayo recipe, and I know it's not just standard mayonnaise with pepper in it as I've tried that and it's not the same, it's thicker at KFC. Anyway found this recipe might try it, it's got sugar added to it?

KFC TWISTER SAUCE
(Makes 1/4 cup, enough for 4 servings)

1/4 cup plus 1/4 teaspoon light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and pepper. Stir to blend well. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to one month.

Not sure about leaving it for 1 month though lol.

KFC use the dripping from the chicken in house to make the gravy, so it's always going to be hit and miss. That said, the food (if you can call it that, given the fact it makes one feel like crap afterwards) is gross and yeah cheap. :)

Just had some home made pancakes!

Last edited:
Calzone, cheese, tomato, garlic sauce, chilli sauce, onions, peppers, jalapeños, chicken tikka, donner meat, sweetcorn, and then topped with garlic butter, cheese, peppers and onions. This is half of it -

Lokai, that looks delicious!

Spent a night in Leicester on Saturday and despite it's huge amount of restaurants all over the place, the missus and I struggled to find one that didn't require reservations.

In the end we went to Bills Restaurant . One of those overpriced sodding hipster joints where it seems almost everything is served on a wooden board. The bill came to £49 for two, which included 2 small cocktails. Food portions were small also. Not at all impressed, especially with them sneaking in a tip onto the bill. Superb, attentive staff though.

A pic of my starter and mains. Didn't want to stay for the dessert!

Bill's Cheese & Tomato on Toast
2015-08-08%2019.43.02.jpg

Bill's Lamb Kofta Kebabs coated in Sesame Seed.
2015-08-08%2020.05.04.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom