The **Now Eating** Thread

My neighbours were organising a BBQ to celebrate my 50th birthday (was last month but I was away at work). Due to the deluge, it has been postponed until tomorrow night so I had to improvise tonight. Luckily, I'd made a lasagne earlier in the week so I had a few bits left over that needed using up so I made a sort of carbonara variant.

9nQVXbB.jpg

I sliced up the pasta sheets and boiled them. Fried off the pancetta and pepper and put aside. Fried the mushroom and added the garlic and chopped sage and bunged the pancetta and pepper back in. Added the pasta, removed from the heat and added a couple of beaten eggs and grated Parmesan. Into a bowl and sprinkle some more Parmesan - bosh.

Turned out pretty good :)

rkDiVHk.jpg

You're a better man than me Stan.

If I'm in that situation where a bbq has been put off and I have to find something for dinner, it's usually time for speed dial 1, Papa Johns.

It was a close call. I was on the verge of ordering from my favourite local pizza place and decided to have a look in the fridge. I spotted all the stuff that needed using up and decided I should do that instead. I now feel good that I've made something myself and that I've used up stuff that may have gone to waste.

My mum won a £15 voucher for a local Italian restaurant from the local heralds crossword puzzle. Mums housebound these days, so me and dad went.

xlkpxl.jpg

Had a pizza with Cajun chicken, tomato and mixed peppers. Dad had a lasagne and a side of chips. Service was painfully slow, possibly due to it being so busy when we went, so we decided to skip dessert. Only ended up costing up £9 between us, once drinks were added to the bill.

Back
Top Bottom