The **Now Eating** Thread

Seriously though, every supermarket does pulled something. Every sandwich shop I go in does pulled pork as a filling, pizza places do pulled pork pizzas and last year, Walkers did pulled pork crisps!!!

None of it's the same as the real stuff Richman showed from the US bbq joints. Just a poor imitation. Same as brisket, that's everywhere now. No UK restaurant has mastered either properly.

Sorry to sound like an old fart, but if you wanna make this big in the UK, at least learn to do it properly.

Last edited:
Seriously though, every supermarket does pulled something. Every sandwich shop I go in does pulled pork as a filling, pizza places do pulled pork pizzas and last year, Walkers did pulled pork crisps!!!

True.

348sf4o.jpg

I got this last week. It was GOD AWFUL! The taste just does not work for popcorn! :o

And yeah, I take your point. A lot of the stuff we get over here is a pale shadow of what the yanks have access to. Hope springs eternal though they might work it out one day though.

It's possible to have good pulled pork over here. You'll just need to make it yourself :p

I do think 'pulled' meat has reached saturation point to some degree. There's already a few new things in the pipeline that will clearly be marketed to us as the next big thing.

It's not possible to have sliced pork anymore though.

Does anyone else hate flavoured popcorn, other than sweet, salty or butter. Tried so many different ones, and just come back to butter and salt being by far the best.

Does anyone else hate flavoured popcorn, other than sweet, salty or butter. Tried so many different ones, and just come back to butter and salt being by far the best.

Depends. I absolutely hate salty popcorn. But I've tried a couple of quite nice flavoured ones, like sour cream & chive and worcester sauce & sun-dried tomato

Agree flavoured popcorn is wrong. Never seems to taste good or has a weird taste/ texture thing going on.

Walkers do a great popcorn which is sweet cinnamon and salt. Absolutely love it.
Apart from this though just normal toffee popcorn, sweet, or sweet salt combo. Salt on its on is a bit nasty.

Chili mince and Aubergine "spaghetti"
Tried oven toasting the Aubergine this time, much easier and better result. Just need to work on best temp and timings.

23gyyq0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom