• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

You know I could be a million miles off with this, but I discovered and solved a problem I have been having on and off for a few months. Before getting my 980 Ti I was using a R9 280X Toxic and there were times where the PC would just lock up with audio still playing having to then force restart. The other day before upgrading to latest Nvidia drivers I encountered the same lockup for the first time, no overclocks by the way.

What I discovered is, that since these problems for me have been occuring the only thing I have been doing differently is actually turning the PC off by the mains. Then when needed turning it back on by the mains, and booting up. What seems to have solved my issue is when turning the mains on, instead of turning the PC on like I normally would have in just a few seconds of turning the mains on, I now wait at least 30 seconds before powering up and have yet to encounter this type of lockup. So in my case I wonder if I need to let the power run through the system a little before actually switching it on, otherwise turning it on fast from a cool boot/mains off leads to lockups.

Could be unrelated but thought I would throw it out there.

Edit: ignore gibberish

Trying to find some way of editing ShadowPlay settings without opening GeForce Experience.

Uninstalled GeForce Experience and reinstalled to fix it crashing on opening.

Last edited:
I've gone back to the 353.06 driver after the new one gave me several problems in dying light.
One in particular where the machine locked up & upon reboot I had to reinstall the drivers.

Yes, but for me uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it I'm afraid.

Uninstalled GeForce Experience only, using Add/Remove programs, then installed again. GeForce_Experience_V2.4.5.44.exe downloaded from Nvidia website.

Moved from 2 7950s for what i thought was better drivers! well at least drivers :)
iv had a black screen a few times since i installed my 970 just whilst i was browsing the web not whilst gaming.

Moved from 2 7950s for what i thought was better drivers! well at least drivers :)
iv had a black screen a few times since i installed my 970 just whilst i was browsing the web not whilst gaming.

In Chrome by any chance? I had to disable hardware acceleration in the browser to stop my driver crashes on the the last few driver sets. Haven't had a crash since.

Back
Top Bottom