• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Strange, I'm viewing a Youtube livestream just now and scrolling it with no stutters? With Twitch on another tab.
I've never had the stutter thing with youtube, on a 980 ti, 2080 ti or a 3090 and 3090s in sli. Not sure why that comes up, but again I use Firefox and maybe browser related.

Associate
I use Chrome and I do find particularly with 4K or higher quality videos, some videos worse than others occasionally 1080p as well. If I play a video fullscreen on my secondary 60hz 4K monitor simple scrolling on web pages in a Chrome window on my primary 4K 144hz monitor can be a stutter fest. Seems to stutter less if the video on my secondary is in a window but will still do it. The video content is uninfected though and even 8K video is silky smooth.

Really strange issue as my 3090 is doing sod all with 4K playback and my 5950x is almost idle. Seems to only effect Chrome, if I play 4K video in something like MPC/VLC or with the Plex Windows store app etc Chrome scrolling no matter how heavy the page is, is silky smooth.

No issues either if I play a 4K video on my secondary screen in Chrome and max out my GPU usage playing games on my primary screen, both play flawlessly. Really don't know whether to blame Chrome, Nvidia or both.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I use Chrome and I do find particularly with 4K or higher quality videos, some videos worse than others occasionally 1080p as well. If I play a video fullscreen on my secondary 60hz 4K monitor simple scrolling on web pages in a Chrome window on my primary 4K 144hz monitor can be a stutter fest. Seems to stutter less if the video on my secondary is in a window but will still do it. The video content is uninfected though and even 8K video is silky smooth.

Really strange issue as my 3090 is doing sod all with 4K playback and my 5950x is almost idle. Seems to only effect Chrome, if I play 4K video in something like MPC/VLC or with the Plex Windows store app etc Chrome scrolling no matter how heavy the page is, is silky smooth.

No issues either if I play a 4K video on my secondary screen in Chrome and max out my GPU usage playing games on my primary screen, both play flawlessly. Really don't know whether to blame Chrome, Nvidia or both.

Most web-browsers can't do or have problems with hardware acceleration over windows on different monitors and some will only ever initialise on the primary display and use some weird copy mechanism for rendering to any other display. If you can start different instance on different displays it might work properly.

Commissario
Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Capture One]: Hardware acceleration stops working. [3338552] Disabled NOHud/RemoveHud filter from the game Valorant. [3332516]
    [Doom Eternal]: The game may freeze during gameplay. [3331270]
    [League of Legends]: The game may fail to launch. [200744747]
    [HDR]: Mouse cursor color may shift when connected to certain DSC monitors in HDR mode [200741796]
    Ansel DOF filter blurs the entire screen in some games. [3288883]
    Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update. [3330750]
    [HDMI 2.1][8K] HDMI audio playback may become distorted after changing display modes [3268312]
    [RDP] Remote desktop connection to PC with color set to 10-bit will result in corrupted picture. [3332787]
    GPU HDMI audio dropouts may occur when connected to an LG C9 OLED TV [3316495

Windows 10 Issues

• [Batman Arkham Knight][GeForce 10 Series]: The game may crash when turbulence smoke is used. [3202250]
    To work around, disable "INTERACTIVE SMOKE/FOG" from the in-game graphics options.
    [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
    [Hitman 3]: The game may display random flickering when V-SYNC is disabled [200742415]
    [Monster Hunter World]: The game displays flashing glitches after extended gameplay. [3336071]
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
    DPC latency is higher when color mode is set to 8-bit color compared to 10-bit color. [3316424]
    To work around, disable MPO using the registry key found in the KB article:https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157/.
    Unable to detect supported display modes for the Samsung Odyssey G9 display [3332327

Youtube issues confirmed.

V F

V F

Soldato
No fixes for The Division 2 yet. Though ManuelG has added it to the open issues on their driver feedback forum.

Caporegime
Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Batman Arkham Knight][GeForce 10 Series]: The game may crash when turbulence smoke is used. [3202250]
    To work around, disable "INTERACTIVE SMOKE/FOG" from the in-game graphics options.
    [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
    [Hitman 3]: The game may display random flickering when V-SYNC is disabled [200742415]
    [Monster Hunter World]: The game displays flashing glitches after extended gameplay. [3336071]
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
    DPC latency is higher when color mode is set to 8-bit color compared to 10-bit color. [3316424]
    To work around, disable MPO using the registry key found in the KB article:https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157/.
    Unable to detect supported display modes for the Samsung Odyssey G9 display [3332327

Youtube issues confirmed.

Which a vast amount of Monitors default to and can only use 8-bit... I've been mentioning the higher latency for many months, only for them to shuv it back in my face :p

Permabanned
dpc latency was always high with nv drivers

i guess its because they do the scheduling work on the software side, the driver is always doing some stuff on CPU

i've tried MPO trick, it does not work. i've tried countless other tricks over many years, DPC latency is never ever tame and calm with Nvidia. maybe it should not be. i don't know. it does not bother me, i don't know what it supposes to bork, i get sound cutoffs but very rarely (like one or two in a 5-8 hour session)

Soldato
With the latest driver I've had a few crashed that appear to reset the screens then come back with all the apps running but the Windows desktop has vanished. Running explorer.exe brings up a file manager window but no desktop. Have to log out and back in again to get my desktop back. Anyone else seeing this?

Soldato
With the latest driver I've had a few crashed that appear to reset the screens then come back with all the apps running but the Windows desktop has vanished. Running explorer.exe brings up a file manager window but no desktop. Have to log out and back in again to get my desktop back. Anyone else seeing this?
So playing 4k 120hz in RDR2 noticed the screen switch flash black and say game mode activated with HDR activated flash up almost like I've changed in0ut, thought it maybe a dlss bug.

However does in oydessy had a a moment where game just switched to black and came back again but this stayed on the desktop...

Never had any issues on previous driver happens maybe once an hour if hat

Permabanned
So playing 4k 120hz in RDR2 noticed the screen switch flash black and say game mode activated with HDR activated flash up almost like I've changed in0ut, thought it maybe a dlss bug.

However does in oydessy had a a moment where game just switched to black and came back again but this stayed on the desktop...

Never had any issues on previous driver happens maybe once an hour if hat

You using an LGCX by any chance Smogsy? Ive had this happen a few times lately. Screen goes black for a second and then the HDR sign flashes up and game mode activated. Using HDMI 2.1 through my 3090.

Its like it "drops" connection or something?

Soldato
You using an LGCX by any chance Smogsy? Ive had this happen a few times lately. Screen goes black for a second and then the HDR sign flashes up and game mode activated. Using HDMI 2.1 through my 3090.

Its like it "drops" connection or something?
yes & yes, exactly that. it only started happening either after 471.47 or my LG tv update

and it feels only on games were DLSS Is involved it was doing it far more often in RD2 not once today in Odyessy

Permabanned
yes & yes, exactly that. it only started happening either after 471.47 or my LG tv update

and it feels only on games were DLSS Is involved it was doing it far more often in RD2 not once today in Odyessy

I was playing the ascent a couple of days ago and it was happening a lot. When it "came back" I had to alt tab to gain control back and be able to pause or move the character as well.

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 471.68 WHQL driver

This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Naraka: Bladepoint, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex to boost performance by up to 60% at 4K and make you more competitive through the reduction of system latency. Additionally, this release also provides optimal support for the Back 4 Blood Open Beta and Psychonauts 2 and includes support for 7 new G-SYNC Compatible displays. NVIDIA’s latest GeForce Game Ready driver delivers day of launch support for Naraka: Bladepoint and the Back 4 Blood Open Beta, both of which are enhanced with NVIDIA DLSS. This driver also adds support for Psychonauts 2, along with support for seven new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, and 20 new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Setting profiles.

DLSS Boosts Performance in Naraka: Bladepoint, while NVIDIA Reflex Lowers Latency

After the open beta for this unique fantasy battle royale was one of Steam’s top 10 most played games a few months back, Naraka: Bladepoint will launch officially worldwide on August 12th. GeForce Gamers are Game Ready today. Gamers playing on a GeForce RTX GPU or laptop will receive the definitive Naraka: Bladepoint experience with best-in-class performance, plus support for NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex. DLSS boosts performance by up to 60% at 4K in Naraka: Bladepoint. Reflex makes gamers more competitive through the reduction of system latency.

Game Ready for Back 4 Blood Open Beta and Psychonauts 2

On August 12th, all PC gamers can participate in the open beta for Turtle Rock Studios’ highly-anticipated Back 4 Blood which is enhanced with NVIDIA DLSS. This driver also provides the best experience in Psychonauts 2, Double Fine Productions’ long-awaited sequel to the cult classic action-platformer from 2005.

Support for 7 new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors: AOC AG274FG8R4+, AOC AG274QG3R4B+, ASUS VG258QM, ASUS PG32UQ, Lenovo G24-20, MSI G251F, and ViewSonic XG320Q.
  • NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager - 202.03
  • HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.60
  • NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
  • GeForce Experience - 3.23.0.74
  • CUDA - 11.4
  • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.961.0
Fixed Issues in this Release:

[Batman Arkham Knight][GeForce 10 Series]: The game may crash when turbulence smoke is used. [3202250]
[Assassin's Creed Odyssey]: Drops in frame rate occur during gameplay and when running the benchmark. [3345840]
[Topaz Video Enhance AI]: The application fails to process video with driver TDR error. [200725519]
[D5 Render]: Black corruption overlay occurs with NVIDIA DLSS ON. [200724612]
Rendering artifacts appear on the desktop when using NVIDIA SDR deep color (10pbc). [3340917]
[PLA Benchmark][PhysX]: The NVIDIA GPU is not used for PhysX when running the benchmark. [3099182]

Download :
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-471-68-whql-driver-download.html
OR
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

V F

V F

Soldato
Well, at least they fixed Batman after all this time. Shame about Division 2, though how they broke that I'll never know as it only started happening in the 47x series.

Back
Top Bottom