• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
That is incorrect the best and correct way to enable Gsync is turn it on in the Nvidia CP, then set a frame cap to 3 frames below your refresh rate and then enable vsync in the NVCP this will produce the best frame time/pacing and min latency. Without Vsync the frame pacing/time will be all over the place and produce micros stutter.

Theres a very good guide on this

Since my post I have switched to v-sync on as this article was pointed out to me. Although to be fair, I haven't noticed a difference.

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
I'm just about to update my drivers for a new 30 series card and was wondering if this pic was still the case to stop Nvidia from installing unnecessary stuff or are there more things to add now the newer cards have come out as there are more folders in the setup now?

For a while now with my 1070 I have had to add the GFexperience folder to get the setup to run but you can still choose to only install the drivers without the Geforce Experience.

Permabanned
I'm just about to update my drivers for a new 30 series card and was wondering if this pic was still the case to stop Nvidia from installing unnecessary stuff or are there more things to add now the newer cards have come out as there are more folders in the setup now?

For a while now with my 1070 I have had to add the GFexperience folder to get the setup to run but you can still choose to only install the drivers without the Geforce Experience.

One option - https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/472-12-clean-version.433367/

Another, which I use - https://www.techpowerup.com/nvcleanstall/

Associate
Another thing I should have asked as well. I read that I don't need to uninstall the old drivers, but as I'm moving up 2 generations would it be best practice to either use DDU (although I've seen people are against this) or tick fresh install from the Nvida setup so there are no conflicts?

Soldato
Another thing I should have asked as well. I read that I don't need to uninstall the old drivers, but as I'm moving up 2 generations would it be best practice to either use DDU (although I've seen people are against this) or tick fresh install from the Nvida setup so there are no conflicts?

Don't use DDU.

Just uninstall the drivers, reboot when it says so and reinstall the new ones.

If you are on windows 10 I always install with my network connection disabled so that windows 10 doesn't try to install drivers for me automatically whilst I am installing manually.

That's my process.

Soldato

I've never had a problem with DDU but only use it when I have issues.

In your case you should just be able to update without doing anything else.

Associate
I just install over the top and have done for years without any issues, the drivers are the same one for cards going back many years anyway.

I only remove drivers if there is any issues but thats usually ultra rare thankfully these days.

Soldato

This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Back 4 Blood, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 46% at 4K. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including the launch of the Crysis Remastered Trilogy and Baldur’s Gate 3 which utilize NVIDIA DLSS, as well as DLSS updates to Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Chivalry 2. Additionally, this release provides optimal support for The Riftbreaker and Sword and Fairy 7.

Hmm can only see DCH driver and no standard?

Soldato

This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Back 4 Blood, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 46% at 4K. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including the launch of the Crysis Remastered Trilogy and Baldur’s Gate 3 which utilize NVIDIA DLSS, as well as DLSS updates to Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Chivalry 2. Additionally, this release provides optimal support for The Riftbreaker and Sword and Fairy 7.

Hmm can only see DCH driver and no standard?
DCH only. No standard driver.

Soldato
Game Ready Driver 496.13 has been released.
Reminder: This driver does not support Kepler GPU per this article.

Effective October 2021, Game Ready Driver upgrades, including performance enhancements, new features, and bug fixes, will be available for systems utilizing Maxwell, Pascal, Turing, and Ampere-series GPUs. Critical security updates will be available on systems utilizing desktop Kepler-series GPUs through September 2024. A complete list of desktop Kepler-series GeForce GPUs can be found here.

New feature and fixes in driver 496.13:
Game Ready - This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Back 4 Blood, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 46% at 4K. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including the launch of the Crysis Remastered Trilogy and Baldur's Gate 3 which utilize NVIDIA DLSS, as well as DLSS updates to Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Chivalry 2. Additionally, this release provides optimal support for The Riftbreaker and Sword and Fairy 7.

What’s New in Release 495

• NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings
    • Added Shader Cache Size control to set the maximum amount of disk space to use for storing shader compiles.

• Vertical Sync options for Optimus notebook GPUs are now the same as for desktop GPUs.
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)

• [GeForce RTX 3080]: The system does not boot with two Samsung Odyssey G70A 28" monitors are connected to the GPU. [3359697]

• [GeForce GTX 960]: The primary monitor lost after resume from sleep or shutdown. [3340905]

• [Windows 11]: The screen flashes once after switching to the discrete GPU-only mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel. [3330077]

• [Multiple Apps][Ansel/Freestyle]: Depth of field filter shows blurry characters. [200749545]

• [Notebook]: Vulkan test applications run on the integrated graphics processor instead of the discrete GPU. [200770322]
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)

• [Doom Eternal][HDR][FSR]: Eternal]: Texture across the game darkens and is unplayable after enabling HDR + FSR. [200776916]

• [Rise of the Tomb Raider]: Characters and background disappear and corruption is prominent when Anti-Aliasing is set to SSAA 2X and SSAA 4x. [200777463]

• [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled.
    • If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
  • [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]

• Tom Clancy's The Division 2 may display graphical artifacts. [200754013]

• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]

• [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998]
    • To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
  • [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758

• [Windows 11]: Display goes blank when video is switched to full-screen with G-Sync enabled. [200778687]

V F

V F

Soldato
Mmm, Rise and Shadow of The Tomb Raider. I need to play those on PC. Only completed them on the PS4 and they were stunning looking games.

Back
Top Bottom