US: The Office (US)

Caporegime
Meh, its massively improved again this season but has been weak for a few years. Everyone replacing Scott has been rubbish, and Andy is a complete crap "lead", the show was better when he was not in it for half the past season, and has been worse since he got back. He's a character you can just about put up with for very small scenes but not a lead as his character is insanely one dimensional and boring, fine for 6 months terrible since.

No where near enough Creed either :(

I won't miss it much as its essentially dried up, most of the first 5-6 seasons were great, since then its been very hit and miss, though there have been some fantastic episodes this season... interview + basketball + fishtank was awesome.

Read somewhere the last episode was largely part of a pilot they shot for a Dwight spin off, which I can only assume was Dwight + family + farm + weirdo's, but it didn't get green lit so they made the footage into an episode of the office.

The only spin off I could see working is some kinda Philly based comedy around the sports business, and Pam/Jim get divorced or something as Pam has been dead weight for the past 5 years. Great character up till they got married then she's not been funny, or interesting aside from the very rare episode.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have always wondered what it's like to be the actor who plays Creed. He's in most episodes but usually only for 30 seconds at most, the rest of the time he's just sitting in the background. Must be odd to play such a minor character but having to be there all the time nonetheless.

Associate
OP
The only season that I didnt enjoy was 8, can't stand catherine tate and he whole season was just weird with James Spader replacing Michael, it seems as if the creators didn't know where to take the show and the majority of the episodes he was in were just bad.

I was looking forward to watching the Dwight spin off pilot, it was supposed to be an hour long but they trimmed it down to a normal episode

Caporegime
Loved it right up until Ferrell took over properly. The first 5 seasons are fantastic, the more modern stuff with Gabe and Erin is just...meh. :(

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I love Daily Show, Steve Carell turned out to be epic actor, cannot stand Ed Helms though. He was bad in Daily Show, bad in Hangover and is even worse in The Office. Ruined perfect franchise. He'll be always known as the guy who run The Office from peak all the way to the ground. It actually got funnier when he left for a "boat trip". And the writers just didn't didn't know where to take it after "Michael" departed. Spader/Bates season was underplayed. I don't know what Catherine Tate is doing there at all. There was even that weird "mockumentary reminder" thing running for half a season where they brought "audio guy" from "set" into the mix to court Pam. WTF was that all about? I'm glad The Farm spin off was sunk as judging by the episode it was one bizarre, bizarre mix of amish meh-ness and a pile of unfunny bad casting (Majandra Delfino as comedy lead, really? How would that ever work?)
On that note however, Steve not returning for the finale is a bit of a douchebag move. This show, for better or worse, properly launched his movie career. Not to give it one day in shooting schedule out of pure respect is just unthinkable to me.

Last edited:
Associate
Steve was open to the idea of returning, but it really didnt make sense that he did

If you mean it didn't make sense within the program, then I disagree - the way they're making it about the workers now reacting to the 'documentary' that is about to be released about them, they could easily have bought Michael Scott back for an episode.

If you mean it didn't make sense to his career, not sure I agree there, either - he has gone on to make some real stinkers!

Soldato
Only a few more days till the finale now. Looking forward to seeing how they end it all, although it felt like in the previous episode they had pretty much tied up all of the storylines. Will be interesting to see the fall out from the airing.

Associate
Only a few more days till the finale now. Looking forward to seeing how they end it all, although it felt like in the previous episode they had pretty much tied up all of the storylines. Will be interesting to see the fall out from the airing.

Yeah, I think the finale is set 6 months after the episode last week, so will be more of an epilogue I guess.

Despite the terrible season 8, and at best inconsistent season 9, must say I'm going to miss it :(

Associate
Excellent finale but sad now it's all over :(

A very understated Michael Scott performance - didn't overshadow the finale at all - I was more than satisfied... that's what she said!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom