Poll: *** The official 2022 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, MagSafe and everything!) ***

What 2022 M2 notebook will you get?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
Do we know how much the base model Air will be?
£1249 for the 8/8/8Gb/256Gb
£1549 for the 8/10/8Gb/512Gb

That's cores, GPU cores, memory, SSD.

Increasing the memory is an extra £200/8Gb so if you want to take it to 24Gb, add £400.

Unless I'm seeing a pricing error, the new 13" Pro is 1349/1549 for the same specs. So the base model is £100 more expensive than the Air but the 8/10/8Gb/512Gb version is the same price as the Air.

Commissario
OP
Also note that the new models don't get any company discounts like the M1 MBA and 13" MBP did. I bought mine through my work discount link and got a few percent off.

Commissario
OP
Commissario
OP
All those people who said they won’t buy an M1 because Apple never get the first gen right…

M2 is throttling, overheating and has an SSD that’s half the speed of the M1.

What was that about first gen products again? :cry:

Commissario
OP
I may DSR it
It’s Apple, you don’t need to claim DSR, you can just return anything, for any reason whatsoever in the first 14 days for a full refund, no questions asked.

Well it’s in.. hopefully it isn’t garbage otherwise it’ll be going back and I’ll regret moving an m1 air on..
You’re going from an M1 MBA to an M2 MBA?

Commissario
OP
Nice review and he's hit the nail on the head - The throttling really isn't an issue when you consider that 99% of people who buy an Air aren't going to be using it for demanding tasks. It's just never going to get to that level.

Commissario
OP
It has arrived!
Very pretty, that's always been my colour of choice.

I realise it could even be considered overkill for the purposes I’m using it for.
Very probably but there isn't a lower powered Apple laptop you could have gone for and it'll mean that using it will be an absolute pleasure.

Commissario
OP
I currently run mine off the battery and only charge it when it needs it, wondering if I should have it always powered by the mains.
It really doesn't matter what you do. Some people will swear it lasts longer if you do one thing over another, just as many people will swear it does exactly the opposite. Even 'experts' can't agree.

So do whatever you want, whatever makes you happy. Ignore everyone :D

Back
Top Bottom