Poll: *** The official 2022 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, MagSafe and everything!) ***

What 2022 M2 notebook will you get?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I love my M1 8GB RAM 256GB SSD MBA. It is a great computer for the price, and the battery life (which is really important to me) is awesome.

What do you tend to use your laptops for?

nothing major tbh mate. I just love Apple for how it just "works" and the form factor, screen, speed etc all add up to a lovely package.

How do you find the battery life on your MBA now? Still decent?

Soldato
nothing major tbh mate. I just love Apple for how it just "works" and the form factor, screen, speed etc all add up to a lovely package.

How do you find the battery life on your MBA now? Still decent?
Yeah, the battery is still good. I've never got lower than 30% because by the time it gets that low I have finished off what I was doing and stuck it on charge.

If you use it for the same stuff as me (web browsing, music, Microsoft Office, YouTube etc), you'll love it.

Soldato
Yeah, the battery is still good. I've never got lower than 30% because by the time it gets that low I have finished off what I was doing and stuck it on charge.

If you use it for the same stuff as me (web browsing, music, Microsoft Office, YouTube etc), you'll love it.

nice. yeah exactly, when I had my MBP it was music, email, and internet. So not crazy taxing, but I do like to have snappy machines, hence another reason im taking a good look at the M2 MBA.

Soldato
nice. yeah exactly, when I had my MBP it was music, email, and internet. So not crazy taxing, but I do like to have snappy machines, hence another reason im taking a good look at the M2 MBA.
If you get the M2 then just be aware that the SSD speeds of the 256GB SSD model are half as fast as the SSD speeds of the M1 256GB model. This is because Apple used two SSD chips in the M1 and only one SSD chip in the M2. This is not a problem if you get the 512GB SSD or higher model.

Soldato
If you get the M2 then just be aware that the SSD speeds of the 256GB SSD model are half as fast as the SSD speeds of the M1 256GB model. This is because Apple used two SSD chips in the M1 and only one SSD chip in the M2. This is not a problem if you get the 512GB SSD or higher model.

yeah, i was aware of that. would it really make a huge difference for my basic uses / tasks you think??

Soldato
Just a question about the MacBooks, those that use theirs mainly at home, do you run it off the battery most of the time and just charge it when needs it, or do you have connected to power most of the time?

I currently run mine off the battery and only charge it when it needs it, wondering if I should have it always powered by the mains.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a question about the MacBooks, those that use theirs mainly at home, do you run it off the battery most of the time and just charge it when needs it, or do you have connected to power most of the time?

I currently run mine off the battery and only charge it when it needs it, wondering if I should have it always powered by the mains.
I use mine on battery and only charge when needed. I haven't noticed any problems doing that.

Man of Honour
I never think about it, my work one is plugged in most of the time, my personal one is only plugged in when it needs to be. macOS has in built battery management which will only charge when it needs to.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
It really doesn't matter what you do. Some people will swear it lasts longer if you do one thing over another, just as many people will swear it does exactly the opposite. Even 'experts' can't agree.

So do whatever you want, whatever makes you happy. Ignore everyone :D

Associate
So if it plugged in at mains it will charge as when? I will have to read up on that.
Once the battery is full/at the target capacity, it should power straight from the adapter to reduce battery cycles i.e. it's possibly better to have it plugged in but not something that I'd worry about.

Back
Top Bottom